POSITION DESCRIPTION – UMOJA TANZANIA INCORPORATED
FULL TIME, IMMEDIATE START
NJIRO- ARUSHA, TANZANIA
Umoja Tanzania Incorporated (Umoja) aims to break inter-generational cycles of abuse, unemployment, and vulnerability in Tanzania by providing a safe space for young people to gain a holistic education while receiving psycho-social and medical support.
This is achieved by providing an intensive bridging course, including a wide range of extra-curricular activities (including sports and arts) and social welfare support, based out of The Umoja Centre in Arusha. Youth are then supported through further education until they gain meaningful employment.
Umoja’s targeted group are vulnerable Tanzanian youth, who lack other opportunities for education or employment. Our target area is the Arusha region and we are based in Arusha city, Northern Tanzania.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Teacherposition is responsible for teaching agreed subjects to Umoja’s beneficiaries throughout various programmes, including The Foundation Programme and ISC Programme (both QT and PC).
· Teach youth of ages 14-21 Forms 1-4 English
· Work cooperatively with a small team of teaching staff / volunteers.
- Provide students with an effective education in a stimulating environment, which provides equality of opportunity for all.
- Contribute and participate in the development and delivery of curriculum, extra-curricular activities, events and initiatives.
- Be a role model for positive behaviour, work and attitudes.
- Teach challenging, well organised and differentiated lessons, using an appropriate range of teaching strategies which meet individual student needs.
- Use an appropriate range of observation, assessment, monitoring and recording strategies as a basis for setting challenging learning objectives and monitoring student progress.
- Provide timely, accurate and constructive feedback on student attainment, progress and areas for development.
- Actively participate in the development of curriculum, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment.
- Report to the Umoja Centre 5 days a week for 8 hours a day.
- Report all academic matters to Education Coordinator.
- Carry out other duties tasked by the Education Coordinator.
The successful candidate must believe in the core values of Umoja Tanzania and be driven by our vision and mission. We are seeking a Tanzanian citizen who has proven experience in teaching and ability in teaching English from basic to Form 4 (QT & PC).
· Undergraduate degree in education.
· Experience in curriculum and programme development.
· Secondary level teaching experience.
· Proven work experience in the QT / PC systems.
· Excellent people skills including the ability to motivate, guide and develop youth.
· Excellent written communication skills, in both English and Kiswahili.
· Goog computer skills.
· Strong work ethic, including organizational skills and time management.
Compensation: Starting salary – 300,000 – 450,000TZS per month (NET), depending on experience and qualifications.
Please email your CV and covering letter ONLY to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not attach copies of certificates or other documents, these will be asked for at a later stage.
Please do not apply if you do not have a teaching qualification and relevant working experience.
*Please note we will only contact you if you have been selected for interview.
Applications close – Wednesday, March 25, 2020
source https://globalinfoz.com/2020/03/11/job-opportunity-at-umoja-tanzania-incorporated/. . BOFYA HAPA KUJIUNGA NA GROUP LA WHATSAPP