Position: Facilities Officer
Location: Moshono Business Office, Arusha, TANZANIA.
The School of St Jude is an educational institution, entirely funded by charitable donations, that provides free, high-quality primary and secondary scholarships to 1,800 of the poorest and brightest students in the Tanzanian region of Arusha.
Reporting To: Facilities Manager.
We are looking to appoint a Facilities Officer to provide support to the Facilities Manager by assisting in the review of, maintenance of and forward planning for all three campuses for the maintenance, transport and IT departments.
The role will also significantly involve processing of raw data hence the candidate will need to be sufficiently computer literate on MS Office programs & tools. The ideal candidate will have a passion for community development and a strong interest in NGOs.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Act as the interface between the Facilities Manager and all three departments – maintenance, IT and transport.
- Participate in regular/routine property, infrastructure and vehicles inspections on all three campuses, identify any issues requiring attendance and report to the Facilities Manager.
- Contribute to the review of, updating of and forward planning of the maintenance plan for the maintenance, transport and IT departments for all three campuses.
- Manage data from various sources e.g. electrical/water meters, tracking devices, vehicles, etc. by ensuring integrity & accuracy of the data, entering into relevant databases, updating and reviewing the data for a variety of functions such as fuel consumption, vehicular movements, energy and water usage, tracking and reports.
- Assist in audit of assets in all departments – ensure routine audits of assets are undertaken, that the asset register is current and up to date.
- Assist in reviewing and amending processes and procedures for all sections within Facilities Department.
- Reviewing of all payments documents for suppliers & advise the Facilities Manager of any issues that need sorting out prior to the Manager authorising the payments.
- Attend & participate in site meetings & when needed organize and conduct site meetings and in all cases, report progress of the projects to the Facilities Manager in a timely manner.
- Record keeping & retrieval (hard copies & soft copies in designated storage media) as required.
- Maintain the facilities compliances (Insurances, Sumatra, Land rents, Radio, other statutory fees, Permits, etc.) by liaising with the Heads of Departments for the various Facilities sections ensuring that all renewals & payments are timely initiated and completed.
- Set personal objectives and task schedules to ensure KPIs and deadlines are met.
- Identify training needs & other personal development initiatives and strive to participate in such training/initiatives so as to continuously improve yourself and the work that you do.
- Periodically suggest improvements to the department’s procedure and submit to your supervisor for approval.
- Participate and support fellow staff in school mission related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
- Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Head of Department, Manager and Deputy Director and the Employer.
- Continuous Improvement
- Identify opportunities for operational improvements based on knowledge gained through your role.
- Always look to develop procedure modifications that will improve efficiency and effective of the departments.
Qualification, Skills and Attributes
- Diploma or Degree in Property or Facilities Management required with minimum experience of 2-3 years with a Diploma or 1-2 years with a Degree.
- Good level of professional and technical skills.
- Demonstrated exceptional attention to detail is crucial.
- Ability to analyse information/data and critically review the outcomes.
- Ability to plan, implement, monitor, report and drive continuous improvement of activities and projects of managed department/s.
- Strong level of accountability for operation of managed department/s and delivery of major projects/initiatives relating to strategic goals.
- Reliable, hardworking and willing to put extra efforts to get the job done.
- Strong desire to learn and develop.
- Ability to solve problems and work under general supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team but also capable of working independently.
- Commitment to clear and effective presentation of data and reporting.
- Demonstrated initiative and common sense.
- Strong cooperative, inter-personal, project and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel).
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested Candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their CV accompanied by a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be sent by 06th March 2020. SUBJECT LINE MUST INCLUDE THE REFERENCE NUMBER.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!
Regular travel between campuses will be required (Moshono, Moivaro & Usa River).
Regular working hours are Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm and approximately 20 Saturdays per year. You may be required to work overtime and your salary will take this into account.
Other Recruitment Information:
ORIGINAL EDUCATION CERTIFICATES MUST BE PRESENTED DURING THE INTERVIEW FOR SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES.
Child Protection Disclaimer:
WE ABIDE BY A STRICT CHILD PROTECTION POLICY AND DO NOT TOLERATE ANY ABUSE!
source https://www.ajirayako.co.tz/2020/03/Ajira_2.html. . BOFYA HAPA KUJIUNGA NA GROUP LA WHATSAPP