Maendeleo Bank PLc commenced operations in September 2013 as a Regional Bank with its Headquarters at Luther House, Sokoine Drive – Dar es Salaam. It is the first bank in Tanzania to be registered in Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE) from its inception through Enterprise Growth Market (EGM) window.The bank has been awarded as ‘the best listed bank in the Country’ for the year 2018 by DSE.
In its efforts to expand and strengthen its operations, the Bank wishes to recruit self-motivated, result oriented and suitably qualified candidates to fill the positions available in its staff complements as here-below:
HEAD OF RETAIL BANKING (One position)
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Jobholderwill be responsible for driving retail banking business within the Bank.
Overall Purpose Of the Job:
- To drive retail banking business within the Bank.
- To keep introducing competitive and innovative retail banking products and services, these includes, digital related products, liabilities, assets and other related products and services.
- Building retail and business banking asset book and creating related revenue pools by strengthening /renewing the existing products.
- To formulate a coordinated distribution strategy of the bank (conventional and digital) and propose to the Board – EXCOM through Managing Director/Management Committee.
- To formulate a coordinated retail banking strategy where all the employees, branches and sales team work in one direction to increase customer base, balance sheet and revenue, hence increasing the profitability of the bank.
- To stay abreast of retail banking industry trends, role players and opportunities and challenges to ensure that the business is well positioned to provide competitive and value adding products and services
- Provide strategic leadership and comprehensive business management of the bank including business generation, meet client expectations and customer relationships in line with strategic objective of the bank,
- Plan, organize and coordinate day to day Retail Banking activities to ensure the business maintain competitive advantage, reduce cost and improve profitability.
- To maintain and be accountable for asset quantity and quality of retail loan book.
- Work closely with all other business units to leverage to cross sell and achieve operational efficiencies.Run the sales management process for all retail – conventional and digital products.
- Drive a culture of proactive compliance and risk management within the retail banking team and the function as a whole.
- Prepare annual budget for retail banking and review as it may be required from time to time.
- Build retail asset portfolio aligned to bank’s strategy setting up of retail credit sales and management team in collaboration with Head of Credit, an ideal platform to attain business objectives.
- Respond to customers’ inquiry and handle customers’ claims on time as appropriate.
- To participate in recruitment, training and management of staff who are under Retail Banking Department.
- Any other related duties as assigned by Superior from time to time.
- Manage all Branch Managers, Business Development Manager and subordinate employees under the Retail Department. Responsibilities include, growing retail business, training employees; planning, appraising performances; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- The position carries a Competitive salary and packages commensurate to qualifications and experience of the successful candidates.
- Holder of Bachelor Degree in Finance or Business related Degree. Possession of Professional Banking Certification / Master’s Degree in Business related subject studies would be an added advantage.
Other qualities required are:
- At least 8 years’ experience in the retail banking and lending or related activities of which 3 years’ experience is on a Senior Management level
- In depth understanding of full range of Retail, Local business and an overview of Corporate
- Have flair in providing faster turnaround enabling quick decision making
- Diligent on Regulatory and other compliances, including formulation and adherence to process and procedures
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure.
The above positions carry Competitive remuneration package commensurate to qualifications and experience of the successful candidates.
Mode of Application:
Applications addressed to the Managing Director enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, full contacts (address and telephone numbers) and three referees should be sent through E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 20th March 2020 before 16.00 hours.
‘Maendeleo Bank Pic is equal employer‘
source https://www.ajirayako.co.tz/2020/03/ajira_4.html. . BOFYA HAPA KUJIUNGA NA GROUP LA WHATSAPP