Advisor Business Liaison
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
The regional GIZ Project Centre of Excellence for ICT in East Africa (CENIT@EA) is looking to fill the position of Advisor Business Liaison.
Duty station: Arusha Fixed term contract
As Advisor Business Liaison you will support the implementation of the CENIT@EA project mainly in your role as support to the academic staff in industrial liaison and project management as part of the East African Community (EAC) Cluster.
- Support the academic staff for industrial liaison at the Nelson Mandela African Institution for Science and Technology (NM-AIST) that hosts the Centre of Excellence
- Establish and maintain cooperation between CENIT@EA and the private sector in the EAC and support an effective stakeholder management with the private sector
- Make effective use of industrial partnerships for internships and Master’s theses of CENIT@EA students and short term technical trainings offered by CENIT@EA in the field of Embedded and Mobile Systems (EMoS)
- Organise activities and events for the multi-stakeholder dialogue with the private sector such as “ICT4Business” events
- Support the project management of the team of CENIT@EA at NM-AIST in their daily tasks, efficient communication and coordination with the other project partners and stakeholders
- Facilitate the knowledge management within the EAC-GIZ cluster regarding digital solutions in regional integration
- Support the cluster in the management of an Intra-Regional Trade Facility and advisory of the EAC on the digitalisation of the industry
Required qualifications, competences and experience
To fulfil the tasks that the position requires, you should have the following qualifications:
- Holding at least a Bachelor’s degree and ideally a Master’s degree in IT, Economics, Social Sciences, International Relations or related study areas
- At least 2 years of work experience
- Working experience in or with the private sector; working experience in higher education is a strong plus
- Working experience in international organisations or companies is preferred, prior experience with GIZ is an additional plus
- Experience in project management and organising meetings, workshops or conferences
- Understanding of digitalisation and cooperation between academia and private sector; regional experience
Language proficiency: English (business fluent, written and spoken), German is a plus
Good skills in Office and IT applications
Team player mentality, strong communication skills, intercultural competences, culture-sensitive, resilience, professional and diplomatic behaviour, humour
Interested candidates should send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of academic certificates by email to email@example.com
Please use the subject line “Advisor CENIT@EA”.
Applications in hard copy will not be accepted. Closing date for submission: 15.03.2020 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability or any other minority group