Quality Improvement Project Assistant
“Sometimes in life there is that moment when it’s possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments.”
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to facilitate access to services for those already infected.Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
Job title: Quality Improvement Project Assistant
Job grade: Location: Grade 3
Kilimanjaro, Manyara and Singida.
- The Quality Improvement Project Assistants, a member of the Quality Improvement team, supports and coordinates the implementation of high quality Ql initiatives for USAID Boresha Afya project following the EGPAF’s quality improvement plan and the national Ql framework.
- The Quality Improvement Project Assistants will provide on-going support to EGPAF-supported regions, districts and sites in the form of training, meeting facilitation, mentoring, and data verification and translation for reporting.
- The officer will also support project “optimization” initiatives, as part of EGPAF’s standard Program Optimization Approach priorities and work plan.
- The Quality Improvement Project Assistants will be located at Kilimanjaro, Manyara and Singida Regions under supervision of Project Ql Officers and Regional administration offices of Arusha and Dodoma office.
- To process purchase requests to purchase orders using the Foundations prequalified vendors in accordance to the foundations procurement policy under the guidance of the P&L Manager and produce orders expedition summary reports on weekly basis.
- To ensure that all office mails are delivered on timely fashion to specified destinations by user department and maintain effective communication, documentation and coordination with user department and the contracted courier company.
- To prepare, coordinate and follow up of all VAT exemption/refund application forms at donor’s office and the government offices on timely manner and ensure proper filling of the granted exemptions is maintained in a sequential manner; and produce a weekly monthly report to FAC & P&L Manager
- To ensure coordination with Administration department regarding maintenance/ repair of office vehicles and ensure the required documentation as per the foundation policy is properly maintained.
- To ensure coordination of invoices management process to finance department by updating the invoice tracker, maintain and update its dispatch book and maintain the P&L copies in files sequentially.
- Provide logistical facilitation to acquire training/workshop venues and other necessary training supplies.
- Ensure payments of all training participants and fully accountability of the payments either done through M-Pesa or any other mechanism
- Ensure correct participants’ per diem calculation, payment supported by copies of Identity cards and verification of recipients’ phone numbers.
- To execute any other duties as may be assigned by his/ her supervisor Facilitate
- Improvement of project priority areas
- Support improvement of the 4 priority areas show case of the innovations to improve Pediatric identification, HVL Uptake and Viral suppression, Retention and TB Cases identification and treatment
- Create conducive environment to improve the performance of the 4 priority areas
- Promote Ql approaches and problem solving principles within site implementation addressing the 4 priority areas
- Support site staff in their capacity to apply Ql principles in routine supportive supervision; carry out regular site performance measurements; analyze Ql data; provide Ql feedback to site staff, and attend Ql meetings at site level
Implementation of Ql
- Be champion of the Quality improvement of the project implementation in the region located
- Participate in initiation of Ql activities at health facilities, districts and regions
- Provide implementation support to existing Ql interventions
- Prepare and present routine Ql reports, and utilize Ql data through dashboards.
- Provide ongoing and Ql teams coaching and mentoring at USAID Boresha Afya-supported sites, in collaboration with national Ql partners.
- Collaborate with MOHCDGEC and other IP stakeholders in adapting/operationalizing national Ql tools.
- In close collaboration with EGPAF central and field-based technical staff, participate in the collection, compilation and reporting all weekly, monthly and quarterly Ql data into standardized data systems.
- Lead and report on identified best practices and lessons learned for documentation and sharing
- Ensure presence of functional Ql team, is well known to facility staff and is actively addressing challenges facility facing
Ql Data collection, entry and interpretation
- Provide ongoing monitoring of Ql teams and Ql projects, data verification of the reported Ql reports
- Prepare and present routine Ql reports, and utilize Ql data through dashboards.
- Submit daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, evidences and any information that would lead in improving health facilities and sharing at different level
- Provide Technical support on the indicators followed and Ql initiatives to improve performances
- Participate in Ql orientation to all sites supported within the region
- Facilitate Ql Learning sessions prepare requests and implement as per approved requests and document best practices for reporting and sharing
- Review the tested changes to ensure that they are not against National Guidelines and patient’s rights
- Attend and Provide technical support in Monthly meetings to ensure they appear, discuss the Ql performance and they are properly documented
- Regular review and Provide TA on the Ql file availability, arrangement, updated and properly documented
- Provide support to EGPAF’s program optimization approach (POA) as activities are implemented at site levels.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor degree or advance diploma in Medicine, Nursing, Laboratory or related social Sciences from recognized institutions
- Diploma candidates with justifiable supporting experiences in Quality improvement may be considered
- Quality Improvement knowledge is an added advantage
- A proven One year or more experience in HIV Care and treatment services
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have Knowledge and skills in provision of services to people living with HIV, Pediatric, HIVTesting andTB
- Attentive to details
- Creative and ability in designing Quality improvement interventions
- Ability to work under minimum supervision, under pressure and in a tight schedule
- Computer literacy, comfortable working experience with the basic Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook)
- Experience in data collection and management using electronic tools with capacity in interpreting and analyzing data
- Fluent in both English and Swahili
- Good communication skills both written and verbal Position Detail
HOW TO APPLY
EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Submissions to be sent to:
Senior Human Resource Manager,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation,
395 Ursino Park, Mwai Kibaki Road, Morocco.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Or e-mail: email@example.com
Closing date: March 6th 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
source https://www.ajirayako.co.tz/2020/03/jobs.html. . BOFYA HAPA KUJIUNGA NA GROUP LA WHATSAPP