Amref Health Africa Tanzania is a leading public health organization that is committed to improving the health of people by collaborating with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems at various levels in Tanzania. Amref Health Africa is submitting a project proposal to USAID in response to the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) Number: 7206212()RFA(X)()05 for local institutions to activity Title: Tuberculosis and Family Planning Integrated Community Solutions Program (TB&FP LON). Specifically, this NOFO’s main intended outcomes arc improved service delivery for TB and FP; strengthened linkages between communities and health facilities; better health outcomes for Tanzanian citizens; improved health worker capacity; and greater self-reliance, as local Tanzanian organizations become directly responsible for addressing local development problems. In this regard, Amref Health Africa in Tanzania invites suitable applicants for the following position to be filled contingent to the organization winning the award.
JOB TITLE Chief of Party
REPORTING TO Head of Programmes
PROJECT USAID TB and Family Planning Integrated Community Solutions
PHYSICAL LOCATION Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible with full implementation of the proje programmatically, and financially and ensure and to ensure the project starts rapidly and runs smoothly. He/She will advise the Amref s management, on periodic performance against program targets and financial bum rates. He/She has the responsibility to lead the development of detailed work plans and other technical documents, supervise the implementation of planned activities, and provide administrative, financial and technical oversight. The COP will manage and ensures coordination and communication with the various stakeholders involved in the implementation of the program including USAID Tanzania, MoHCDGECs departments such as NTLP, RCHS; PORALG, and other NGOs and CBOs working in the community. In addition, collaborate with other projects under the DCP program
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to ensure that activities related to community TB and Family planning interventions arc implemented and monitored and objectives arc implemented as planned.
- Provide strategic leadership and technical and managerial direction for the successful implementation of the project.
- Lead the planning of project activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines;
- Serve as primary point of contact and collaboration for USAID Tanzania, government partners and other key stakeholders;
- Provide regular knowledge and skill update to all key personnel within the project on new community TB and Family planning developments.
- Serve as the team lead for the project and ensure strong communication and coordination with and between all team members to effectively achieve program objectives.
- Support the Deputy Chief od Party to ensure timely and quality completion of all program technical and financial deliverables and reports in accordance with USAID/Tanzania guidelines;
- Ensures that the project documents lessons learned and implements best practices.
- Interact with USAID/Tanzania teams on relevant technical issues affecting the project.
- Ensure timely submission of major technical reports to USAID/Tanzania and other stakeholders.
- Foster strong partnerships and collaborations with the MOHCDGEC, LGAs, other local organizations and other relevant
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, linkages to other programs.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences and related fields
- At least seven years of senior-level management experience in the design, implementation, and management of programs of similar size, complexity, and setting
- Demonstrated experience in institutional strengthening approaches
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience in building and maintaining productive working relationships with a wide network of institutional partners and stakeholders, including the GOT
- Proven record of building teams and fostering collaboration to achieve program goals, meet program milestones, and produce quality results
- Knowledge of U.S. government (USG) health initiatives and related reporting requirements and funding parameters
- Exceptional English written and oral communication skills; fluency in Swahili also required
- At least seven years of experience working in Tanzania.
How to apply:
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS March 20. 2020. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Direct application through mail will not be accepted.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer however women and people with disability are encouraged to apply and has a non-smoking environment policy;
“Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Amref health Africa -Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
. . BOFYA HAPA KUJIUNGA NA GROUP LA WHATSAPP