2030 WRG Tanzania – Country Coordinator
Local Term Appointment (One Hunched and Fifty (150) days, Renewable)
Location: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Hosted by the World Bank, the 2030 Water Resources Group (2030 WRG – www.2030wrg.org) is a public-private- civil society partnership that supports governments and private sector to accelerate reforms with the aim to ensuring sustainable water resources management for the long-term development and economic growth of their countries. 2030 WRG supports this platform to develop, test and scale up imiovations (focusing on financing and governance) in water resources management and development. Results from this work are mapped to three key outcomes – increased financing for irrigation efficiency, reduced water abstractions and improved effectiveness and resiliency of institutions that manage water basins.
2030 WRG Tanzania – Country Coordinator position is based in the Tanzania Country Office with the following responsibilities;
- Ensuring a functional Multi Stakeholder Platform for Tanzania with key deliverables being: planning and reporting documents (work plan and progress reports); MSP meetings at national level; MSP meeting recommendations or decisions widely shared; and MSP governance arrangements documented and widely shared;
- Stakeholder Management with key deliverables being: a membership database or a basic customer relationship management system that records current and potential partner details and tracks meetings held with them, their interests and participation in the MSP.
Selection Criteria and Electronic Applications:
- The successful candidate should hold a relevant Degree, with minimum 8 year’s* experience developing and managing programmes in the field of water resources or water sendees management in the public, private or civil society sectors;
- Experience working with and managing key water stakeholders (public, private and civil society; and managing/negotiating their diverse interests) in Tanzania with international experience being an added advantage;
- Either a specialist experience and networks in any one of the 2030 WRG Tanzania key areas of work (basin water resources management, corporate water stewardship, private sector smallholder irrigation financing, public private partnerships); or
- Generalist or cross disciplinary water management experience and networks plus exposure to more than one of the 2030 WRG areas of work (basin water resources management, corporate water stewardship, private sector irrigation financing, public private partnerships);
- Solid experience in programme management demonstrated through any of the following: translating ideas into solid actionable concept notes; work planning; budget management; contract management; team management; and results reporting, excellent English written, oral and presentation communication skills for diverse audiences; and fluency in Swahili.
For the full position description, complete selection criteria and required competencies, candidates are requested to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
The World Bank is committed to achieving diversity of gender, race, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Closing date is March 15th, 2020.