Project Officer 3 Posts
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Officer will be responsible to directly execute program activities assigned by the Ark2030 Project Manager; planning, coordinating and executing activities with timely reporting as per PDD and logframe. This will entail workplan activities implementation and operations to achieve the intended program results and impact in a cost effective manner, while maintaining a high level of excellence and accountability. Abide and take part in monitoring and evaluation activities per approved policies, systems, procedures and donor requirements. Furthermore, Regional project officer will manage assigned intern(s), finance and non-finance resources. In addition, he/she will work with partners and Local and central government actors, and interaction with the wider project stakeholders in the assigned region.
He/she will provide technical insight to Ark2030 project in one of the three regions where the project will operate (either Dodoma, Singida or Manyara). Ark2030 project primary goal is to Restore Land and Livelihoods systems. The project’s objective is to improve livelihoods, food and nutrition security, and resilience to climate change for smallscale farmers and/or pastoralist and restore ecosystem services, particularly through evergreen agriculture, and to enhance carbon sinks using locally appropriate evergreening practices.
Observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Project Planning and Management
- In an assigned region, achieve high quality project implementation and reporting of project interventions, track the targets and shared in a timely manner with project manager, DME and WVT Head Office
- Innovatively collaborate with partners, allies, LGAs and like-minded stakeholders to influence policy and achieve the multiplied impact;
- Maintain a tight understanding on all field activities, programme strategies, resources and actual responsibilities as necessary to ensure appropriate progress toward objectives;
- Spearhead day to day project operations.
- Participate in annual and multiyear budget plans, reviews and report preparation in collaboration with finance staff.
- Ensure compliance with WVT finance policy and donor requirements in management and use of financial and non-financial resources;
- Take part in management of project funds, including monitoring of monthly budget burn rates, budget re-alignments, and support internal and external auditing;
- Creating synergies and resource leverage with government and other actors through facilitating integrated district level planning and budgeting;
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning (MEAL) and Reporting
- Adapt in collaboration with project colleagues, the project theory of change;
- Participate and spearhead in development and implementation of the programme’s impact measurement system, including: collection of baseline and periodic data for tracking programme performance and decision making;
- Deliberately collaborate with other World Vison projects (especially Area Programs), ensure that project is well implemented and generate evidence for policy impact and contribute to World Vision ministry and GEA strategy.
- Prepare and share quality project progress reports as per stakeholder timelines and submit to the relevant authority;
- Take part in annual programme review meeting to assess progress, adjust plans, and draw/disseminate lessons learned;
- Plan, organise and conduct reflective learning forums (quarterly reflection meetings, workshops, etc) internally and externally with programme stakeholders including government.
Networking, visibility and donor recognition
- Establish and maintain good relations partners, LGAs and stakeholders and other consortium members with regards to the implementation and accountability.
- Ensures project interventions and donor are recognized by the government, partners and communities through project branding, participation in different forums including national, zonal, regional and local events.
- Develop and support effective linkages and collaboration with key public institutions in the evergreening field.
- Represent the project in various assigned learning and sharing meetings/workshops/conferences.
- Facilitate documentation and sharing of processes, challenges, best practices and lessons learnt among partners in the consortium.
- Bachelor degree in evergreening field. (Example, agroforestry, Rural Development, Environmental Studies, Geography etc.)
- Should have a minimum experience of not less than 2 years in working , or delivering, resilient agriculture, economic development, food & nutrition security and community based climate adaptation
- Experience working directly with LGAs and communities.
- Should have a good monitoring and evaluation experience/expertise especially by using GIS and remote sensing
- Must be a Christian with good conduct
- Basic understanding of advocacy approaches and advocacy issues at local and/or national level.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Swahili
- Proven experience in facilitating effective project documentation and dissemination of results to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Strong commitment to WV Values, Mission and Vision.
- Strong and conversant with GIS and remote sensing techniques in evergreening field.
- Experience in direct implementation of similar project will be an added advantage.
- Should have a prior experience with World Vision and/or similar international NGO’s
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 20%
- Willing to work in rural areas and travel extensively in either Dodoma, Singida or Manyara regions
- On call; 5%