Programme Management Specialist – Consultant Job Opportunity at UNDP Tanzania
|Programme Management Specialist – Consultant Job Opportunity at UNDP Tanzania|
Position: Programme Management Specialist – Consultant
Advertised on behalf of : UN Women
Location : Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA
Application Deadline : 16-Feb-20 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : International Consultant
Languages Required : English
BackgroundGrounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, UN Women works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women will lead and coordinate United Nations System efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It will provide strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
In Tanzania, UN Women is implementing the Women’s Leadership and Political Participation Project (WLPP), Wanawake Wanaweza Phase II (2018 – 2022). The Wanawake Wanaweza II project has taken an election cycle approach focusing at advancing women in leadership and political participation as a key pillar of inclusive democracy. The project operates on four main areas of focus: (i) support towards legislative and policy environment that enhance women’s political participation and representation in decision making positions; (ii) support towards expanding the pool of qualified and capable women to run for election, including through initiating programmes that boost women’s confidence and capacity to lead, enhancing their campaign strategies and techniques,; (iii) transform gender norms so that women are accepted as legitimate and effective leaders including through developing campaigns that sensitize the media and electorate on the need for women in public life at all levels, and (iv) support women leaders in gender-sensitive political institutions, including parliament and political parties to attract, promote and retain women leaders, and highlight the constructive contribution they make to decision-making.
The project is in line with UN Women Strategic Plan 2018 – 2021 as well as with the United Nations Development Assistance Programme (UNDAP) II Outcome “Women and girls increasingly participate in political and public life and are elected to leadership positions”, the National Gender and Development Policy, the SDGs, (in particular, Global Goal 5 dedicated to ‘achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls’), CEDAW and other international and regional commitments, such as the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action and African Union Agenda 2063.
To ensure timely and effective delivery of the Women’s Leadership and Political Participation Project (WLPP) II, UN Women is looking for the services of a consultant to support on the Project Development roles. Working under the supervision of the Head of Women Leadership and Political Participation Section and working very closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst and other colleagues in the unit, the consultant will lead the review and development of Project Documents, including design and formulation results frameworks and monitoring tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide technical assistance to the Women’s Leadership and Political Participation Project to ensure timely and quality development of Project Documents, results frameworks; implementation plans and monitoring tools. Specifically, the consultancy has the following objectives:
- Provide substantive technical advice to seven Wanawake Wanaweza II Implementing Partners (IPs) on the review and development of Project Documents, Results Frameworks (RFs), evidence-based monitoring tools and workplans, as per organizational RBM standards.
- Provide strategic and specialized technical advice to the 7 Wanawake Wanaweza II implementing partners on the development of monitoring and reporting mechanisms to support programme implementation, monitoring and progress reporting;
- Develop, coordinate and provide training on results-based management to the Wanawake Wanaweza II implementing partners under the Women’s Leadership and Political Participation Project;
- Contribute to the process of identifying and synthesizing of best practices and lessons learned that are directly linked to the implementation of the Women’s Leadership and Political Participation Project and contribute to their global dissemination.
- Project Documents, results frameworks, workplans and monitoring tools developed for seven Wanawake Wanaweza II implementing partners;
- Strategic and specialized technical advice provided to the implementing partners on the development of monitoring and reporting mechanisms to support programme implementation, monitoring and progress reporting;
- Training on results-based management to the implementing partners under the Wanawake Wanaweza II partners conducted;
- Final report on the assignment, including best practices and lessons learned that are directly linked to the implementation of Wanawake Wanaweza II.
30% upon submission of compressive draft project documents, results frameworks, workplans;
30% on the submission of final project documents results framework, workplans and monitoring tools;
20% training on results-based management to the implementing partners conducted;
20% upon final submission and approval assignment report.
Implementation timeframeThe consultancy shall be undertaken over a period of 40 days that will start running from the date of signing the consultancy agreement.
The consultant is expected to develop and submit a work plan as a pre-requisite for signing of agreement.
Deliverables | Estimated Duration
Submission of seven draft project documents, results frameworks, workplans 20 working days
Submission of final project documents, results frameworks, workplans and monitoring tools 10 working days
Training on results-based management to the implementing partners conducted. Submission of a training report 5 working days
Final submission of the assignment report 5 working days
- Required Functional Competencies
- Excellent technical knowledge on programme formulation, implementation and monitoring skills
- Excellent knowledge of Results Based Management
- Strong knowledge of UN programme management systems
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to lead formulation of strategies and their implementation
- Results driven, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate commitment to upholding and promoting the values of the United Nations in actions and decisions, in line with the UN code of Conduct;
- Strong networking skills.
- Timely and high-quality delivery of Project Documents, including design and formulation results frameworks; implementations plan, monitoring tools and budgets;
- Timely and high-quality delivery of training on results-based management to the implementing partners;
- Relations with the national consultant and stakeholders;
- Timely and quality reporting.
- Integrity: Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women and UNESCO in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
- Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity: Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organizations and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
- Ethics and Values: Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity.
- Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
- Work in teams: Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multiethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication.
- Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behavior towards others.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Political Science, Development, Public Administration, Gender is required
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in programme management, including programme design, programme coordination, monitoring and reporting and capacity building on results-based management;
- Experience in working in a gender related area is an asset;
- Experience in setting priorities, budgets, work plans, participating in programme development and programme writing;
- Proven experience in leading teams effectively.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge in Kiswahili is an asset
Interested international consultants need to submit the following documentation in support of their application:
One cover letter: Explaining why the candidate is the most suitable for the work;
Proposed approach and envisioned work plan;
All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History Form (P11), which can be downloaded at http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment;
Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN women P-11 form willl be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment;
The travel costs will be as per UN Standard Regulations.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks
TO APPLY CLICK HERE. . BOFYA HAPA KUJIUNGA NA GROUP LA WHATSAPP