Jobs in Tanzania 2020: New Jobs Vacancies at Tanzania Media Women’s Association (TAMWA)2020
AJIRA TANZANIA 2020 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2020
POST: Program Officer
Tanzania Media Women’s Association (TAMWA) calls for applications from committed personnel preferably a woman.
The Tanzania Media Women’s Association (TAMWA) is a non-profit sharing, non-governmental and non-partisan organization registered under the Societies Ordinance on 17th of November, 1987 with registration number SO 6763. The Association in 2004 complied with the new NGO law of 2002. TAMWA has two offices in Dar -es- Salaam and Zanzibar. The office in Dar -es-Salaam situated at Sinza-Mori, along Shekilango Road, Kijitonyama, Kinondoni District, is Association’s property.
The expected outputs of the TAMWA interventions: Reduced Gender based Violence and Violence against Children, reduced school pregnancies, child marriages, FGM, abandonment of women and children, maternal mortality and poverty in women in targeted areas. Enhance public awareness and action against corruption in all its forms and levels. Increase participation of women in decision-making levels. Improve maternal health. Increased awareness on impact of gender based violence and HIV infection among women.
Working under the supervision of the Senior Program Officer, the Program Officer will primarily be responsible for coordinating and administering.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Produce Annual Work Plans and Action Plans of TAMWA in collaboration with Strategic Manager and SPOs
• Writing, compiling and reviewing program reports – seek some support if needed
• Take a lead in proposal writing in collaboration with Fundraising officer and project officers
• In close collaboration with Senior Accountant, prepare budgets for various projects to ensure they are in line with advocacy activities under your coordination for smooth implementation and execution of activities
• Advice Program Officers on project implementation
• In collaboration with Strategic Manager and SPO, oversee planning processes for strategic directions of TAMWA
• Coordinate the implementation of gender, capacity building and advocacy projects
• Organize Annual Planning meeting
• Supervise the provision of liaison services for problem solving and information sharing with members and stakeholders including Local Government Authorities (LGAs and CSO partners)
• To maintain strong and productive relationships with partners and stakeholders. Also maintain excellent and healthy donor relations.
• Perform any other project management duties as directed by the Executive Director
i. Master degree or equivalent in mass communication, journalism, development studies, public policy and the related.
ii. At least 5 years’ experience in media advocacy, planning, managing and implementing advocacy projects.iii. Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate various responsibilities and prioritize conflicting demands and deadlines.iv. The ability to complete tasks with limited supervision
v. Good writing, analytical, research and problem solving skills.
vi. Experience in grant proposal writing/fundraising.
vii. Excellent reporting and document handling skills
viii. The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines
ix. Must be computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
x. Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with TAMWA partner/stakeholder staff to identify and resolve issues
xi. The ability to work effectively as part of a small team.
xii. Ability to work well either alone or as part of a team.
xiii. The ability to handle sensitive issues and address inclusion matters with integrity
MODE OF APPLICATION: HOW TO APPLY
a) A resume or CV b) List of three professional references c) One-page cover letter articulating why neighborhood capacity building is important for creating and sustaining the organization in gender issues. d) TAMWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. e) Please email to email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop your hard copy application at TAMWA office, Sinza Mori Street Dar es Salaam, Tanzania by 23rd February, 2020.