PATH is currently seeking a qualified Lead HIS Project Manager for an upcoming CDC-funded program, “Health Information System Development, Project Management and Coordinated Deployment for National HIV and Health Sector Systems in the Republic of Tanzania under the Global Health Security Agenda and under PEPFAR”. The project’s goal is to increase the ability of information systems to support high quality patient centered services, data quality, and subsequent use at all levels to achieve current and emerging health sector objectives. The project will work closely with the Government of Tanzania and health system stakeholders to organize the building, implementation, and scale up of Tanzania’s HIS and manage vendors/sub-partners to support the evolution and integration of the national HIS. The project will increase ability of systems to support use of data from linked systems, support patient-centered clinical services, and use of data for monitoring and programmatic decision-making.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. International development and global health represent one of the greatest opportunities for the impact of digital technologies on a global scale. New technologies, approaches and tools are emerging daily, unfortunately into a fragmented and immature digital health market landscape that currently limits their promise to transform country health systems and accelerate and amplify progress towards national and global health goals.
The Lead HIS Project Manager will be responsible to ensure appropriate and professional project management of workplans and deliverables that meets international standards, oversee vendor activity and translate complex technical material into digestible project documents for specific audiences. He/she will represent PATH and be responsible for the coordination of partners, including Government of Tanzania stakeholders, inter-agency agreement partners, and CDC-funded programs and organizations on various technical aspects. The Lead HIS Project Manager will also lead technical collaboration and network development activities with national partners.
Position is contingent upon award to PATH.
- Ensure the appropriate management of work plans and deliverables, vendors and other implementing partners.
- Ensure defined standards, tools, and norms for activity management, knowledge management, and standard operating procedures are reinforced and adhered to by project staff and partners.
- Effectively manage and mitigate risk related to the project activities by monitoring dependencies across the workplan and paying particular attention to: non-compliance, regulatory standards, and work with the project administrators to ensure financial management practices are being adhered to.
- Identify and help address challenges related to project execution with project leadership when there are budgetary implications, implementation concerns, or when processes are not being followed appropriately.
- Demonstrate good understanding of relevant country HIV Health Information systems landscape.
- Bring technology, analytic, and process innovations to all activities.
- Identify obstacles and risks related to implementation in a timely manner and recommend strategies to overcome them.
- Contribute to the development of project strategy at national or sub-national levels as necessary.
- Coordinate and oversee the work of technical staff, partners, and subcontractors.
- Review technical materials to ensure high-quality products.
- Demonstrate experience working in diverse low-resource settings with multi-dimensional teams and stakeholders.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in project management of digital health, or eHealth implementation in Tanzania.
- Masters degree or higher in relevant field of study (information sciences, data science, or related areas).
- Demonstrated experience as a project manager with a track record of architecting and managing milestone-based USG funded projects within budget and time constraints.
- Experience using project management tools such as Smartsheet, MS Project, or other.
- Experience translating complex technical material related to digital health, health information systems, health data, and health policies, into digestible communications for lay audiences. Significant analytical writing experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and relevant project stakeholders.
- Demonstrated and proactive organizational, prioritization, and workload management skills in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent IT skills, including a good understanding and experience of Microsoft Office Products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint). Knowledge of SharePoint and Smartsheet is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
Must have legal authorization to work in Tanzania
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
source https://www.ajirayako.co.tz/2020/02/ajira_288.html. . BOFYA HAPA KUJIUNGA NA GROUP LA WHATSAPP