Job Title: Project Officer, Schools 2020 at Aga Khan
|Project Officer, Schools 2020 at Aga Khan|
About the Aga Khan Foundation
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), was established by His Highness the Aga Khan m 1967. AKF is a private, not-for-profit international development agency that seeks to provide long-term solutions to society’s problems. AKF brings together human, financial, and technical resources to address challenges faced by the poorest and most marginalised communities in the world. AKF has a special focus on investing in human potential, expanding opportunity, and improving the overall quality of life, especially for women and girls. AKF’s primary areas of focus are; Education; Early Childhood Development (ECD); Health and Nutation; Civil Society; Agriculture and Food Security; and Economic Inclusion.
AKF is committed to ensuring girls and boys, women and men, are equipped with the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values to help them interact effectively with the world and be contributing members of a pluralistic society. Tins demands AKF assumes a holistic, life-long, and systems approach to education. AKF ensures all interventions are globally informed, locally rooted, are embedded in government and community interests and structures, and work to promote social inclusion, equity, and pluralism.
About Schools 2030
AKF. in partnership with a global consortium of private foundations, is co-launching Schools2030, a 10-year (2020-2030) learning improvement programme. Schools2030 will partner with national governments and 1000 school sites (pre-pnmary, primary, secondary, and youth education providers) across 10 countries from around the world to develop understanding and evidence of ‘what works’ in equipping children and young people with the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values needed to successfully navigate uncertainty and become contributing members of society. In Tanzania, AKF will partner with 100 school sites to drive classroom level innovation to enable teacher generated solutions to identify and inform ‘what wrorks in education’ for Tanzania.
Purpose of the position
AKF is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individual to lead the direct delivery’ of Schools2030 activities in Tanzania. Working under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator Schools2030, the Project Officers will be responsible for the direct delivery- and support to schools, contributing to developing positive partnerships with government and non-government stakeholders, and effectively communicating Schools2030. Tins role will also engage with the Regional Education and ECD Advisor as wrell as other Schools2030 team members in the region to ensure the timely, quality implementation of all Schools2030 activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the direct delivery of all Schools2030 activities at the district level with partner schools and youth partners. A core deliverable will be implementing a Human Centred Design processes with all partner schools, including workshops, school-based support, school network support, and effective use of flexible innovation response funds;
- Ensure all aspects of the project cycle are delivered with quality and contribute to the development of workplans, budgets, and activity and narrative reports;
- Provide project information and feedback to communicate progress, challenges, learning, and upcoming pnonties and wrorkplans to the Project Coordinator
- Ensure all project funds are fully accounted for and liquidation is done in a timely manner to enable timely reporting;
- Ensure all project delivery and processes comply and promote with AKF’s gender and social inclusion and child and community safeguarding policies;
- Be the mam pomt of contact for schools2030 at the distnet level;
- Engage and coordinate principle partners and stakeholders at distnet level to ensure collaborative delivery of project activities;
- Work with education actors to strengthen the education ecosystem connections and networks at the distnet level;
- Lead on the effective collection and management of data at the school and Distnet level
- Ensure project learning is effectively communicated through the internal and external feedback loops and that principle partners have access to and understand the learning;
- Effectively engage in internal AKF learning opportunities to develop professional and technical understanding of education and Human Centred Design.
Key Qualification and Experience
- BA in Education, Sociology, Business Administration or related field;
- Proven experience of working in social programming with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience working m education programming and international development;
- Expenenee collaborating with government and non-government partners as well as schools, children, teachers and young people;
- Strong understanding of the Tanzanian education system and emerging technologies in the education and development sector;
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation frameworks for education programmes with expenenee in data collection methods;
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Ability to wrork independently and under pressure;
- Proficient in ICT and Microsoft software.
- Candidates interested in tins unique career opportunity with AKF should submit a cover letter and maximum three-page CV including the names and contact information of three professional referees by 12 noon on Thursday 6th February 2020. E-mail these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Project Officer, Schools2030, Coast’ in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AKF Is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults and Expects all Staff and Partners to Share this Commitment.
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org). . BOFYA HAPA KUJIUNGA NA GROUP LA WHATSAPP