Job Title: Program Officer – Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Search Tanzania seeks to recruit two Program Officers to work on a new project to increase civil society organizations’ contribution toward a culture of peace, conflict prevention and inclusive democracy in Tanzania. Reporting to the Project Coordinator, the Program Officers will lead the implementation of project activities and support the monitoring of those activities’ results in the project’s target areas. The base location for the Program Officers will be Dar es Salaam and Tarime.
Key ResponsibilitiesRoles and responsibilities include:
- Together with the Project Coordinator (PC), the PO will help develop detailed work plans for project activities to ensure timely implementation.
- The Program Officer (PO) will implement key activities including training activities and should be able to use a training delivery medium (workshop, seminars, posters, radio, theater, printed materials, etc).
- The PO will organize all logistics related to the implementation of activities in the target project area.
- The PO will liaise with project partners and relevant stakeholders in the target area of implementation, ensuring quality implementation and reporting by project partners, to the highest results.
- The PO will mobilize participants for project activities in the target area, and ensure relevant follow-up with them.
- The PO will prepare activity and monthly detailed reports to be sent to the Project Coordinator for editing.
- The PO will regularly visit and communicate with the communities in order to create trust among the different stakeholders and will show initiatives and creativity in order achieve the full potential of the project.
- The PO will continuously update the PC on his/her activities towards their assigned, specific goals and advice of their community’s future programming needs.
- The PO will record all his/her activities in computer files, including all photos, all information and tabulated records of all trainings, including a filing system whereby it is possible to track activities per village, and provide the PC with a copy of all original photos from each field activity and include all necessary information about where they were taken, on which date and during which kind of activity.
- The PO will participate in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) efforts, including the use of monitoring tools during activities, as well as lead the collection of success stories. S/he will also participate in quarterly reflection meetings organized by the PC to assess the project’s implementation and ensure continuous learning.
- The PO should adhere to the financial procedures by making sure he/she prepares activity and monthly budget requests, and contribute to wider budget projections for the project as part of costed work plans.
- The PO shall participate in meetings with key stakeholders in the project target area, representing Search and sharing notes.
- The PO will assist the PC in any matters that the Area Manager deems necessary or relevant, including finance and administration, Human Resources, program management, participation in meetings internally and externally, procurement, communication and any other task as assigned by the PC.
- The PO will participate actively in any training as per assigned by senior staff, and if asked to be ready to lead a similar training.
- Produce communication material as required.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
PERSONAL SECRETARY III at KCMC January, 2020
QualificationsYou meet the following qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in international development, conflict resolution, project management or related field.
- At least three (3) years of INGO or CSO experience in project implementation in Tanzania.
- Training skills.
- Knowledge and previous experience in monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
- Proven ability in report writing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, as well as social media platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain professionalism, creativity, and enthusiasm while working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment with minimal supervision.
- Cultural sensitivity and strong interest in dialogue, peacebuilding and conflict transformation.
- Written and oral proficiency in English and Swahili.
- Willingness to be based in, and travel to remote areas.
This position will remain open until filled. These are local postings and no relocation support would be provided.
To apply, interested candidates should send the following items:
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Shared Humanity - Empathy - Impartiality - Inclusivity - Courage - Hope - Humility - Audacity. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY. . BOFYA HAPA KUJIUNGA NA GROUP LA WHATSAPP