The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI is looking for a Country Support Associate, Pediatric HIV and eMTCT. The Country Support Associate will be a part of the global Pediatric HIV and Elimination of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV (eMTCT) team, which is primarily responsible for driving strategy development and execution of country and global activities to achieve ambitious pediatric and adolescent HIV treat scale-up goals and help achieve UNAIDS 90-90-90 targets by 2020. The primary goal of our pediatric HIV treatment scale-up work is to help governments accelerate treatment scale-up for children and adolescents living with HIV in focus countries, while moving towards eliminating pediatric HIV in the long-term.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, demonstrated communication skills, and analytical ability. The candidate must be able to function independently and flexibly and have a strong commitment to excellence. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic. The Country Support Associate will report to the Program Manager of the Pediatric HIV and eMTCT team.
Strong preference for this position to be based in a CHAI Africa program country, pending country leadership approval. This position requires between 50-60% travel.
CHAI is supporting a comprehensive effort to support partner governments to reduce new pediatric infections and improve the long-term survival of all children and adolescents affected by HIV/AIDS. The Country Support Associate will provide support to the Global Pediatric HIV and eMTCT team, including but not limited to the following:
- Work as a member of the global team and with country teams, and other internal and external stakeholders to help countries achieve ambitious treatment scale-up goals
- Support CHAI country teams to deliver on shared objectives, including day-to-day analytical support
- Help structure and drive key quantitative and qualitative analyses around major eMTCT/pediatric programmatic issues along the pediatric testing, treatment, and retention cascade
- Help design high-impact interventions to translate the results of relevant analyses into actionable plans and changes in policy and operations at global and country levels
- Be involved in various aspects of program operations including strategy, planning, budgeting, monitoring & evaluation, knowledge management, knowledge synthesis, qualitative and quantitative analysis, presentation development, implementation, and reporting
- Conduct research for fundraising or concept note development, as needed.
- Other responsibilities as needed by team.
- This is a challenging but rewarding position, which will have direct impact on thousands of children and adolescents in need of life-saving treatment.
Operations Officer at World Bank January, 2020Qualifications
- At least 3 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree from a well-recognized, high-caliber institution in a relevant field
- Excellent analytical skills and technical proficiency with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal, visual and written communication skills
- Natural ability to be a team player, build strategic relationships and interact with individuals from different backgrounds
- Excellent strategic thinker and problem-solver who is able to think creatively around long-term program objectives and the detailed steps necessary to achieve these goals
- Ability to multi-task and to be effective in high-pressure situations, and able to adapt to fast-paced and changing environments, both internally and externally
- Ability to work independently on complex projects and solve challenging problems with limited structural or operational support
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be a go-getter
- Ability to support the development and execution of analytical deliverables, and ensure that analysis is being used to inform program strategy and design
- Maintain program M&E dashboards through collecting data regularly from country teams, and sharing data at the global level to ensure that the program is accomplishing its objectives and corrective actions are taken if required
- Ability to travel internationally up to 50-60% of the time
- English language fluency, both written and verbal
- Work experience in management consulting, finance and similar private enterprises, or in economics and public sector financing
- Experience working in developing countries, particularly with HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health programs
- Experience working with country governments and international partners
- Experience with data analysis or working with STATA, SAS, and other statistical software
- Experience developing costing models to determine the cost and impact of different strategies/interventions
- Master’s degree in public health or related field
French language fluency, both written and verbal
Closing date: 22 Feb 2020
CLICK HERE TO APPLY. . BOFYA HAPA KUJIUNGA NA GROUP LA WHATSAPP