Job Title: Risk and Compliance Assistant Manager
Become a Wealthsmith™
We’re in the business of planning for tomorrow. The never-ending pursuit of meticulously crafting our clients’ futures. We do this by truly appreciating the value of money and turning the materials we’re given into something more. It’s our trade and it is something we are passionate about. It’s what makes us Wealthsmiths™. If you would like to become a Wealthsmith™, Sanlam General Insurance Tanzania Limited seeks to recruit qualified and experienced professionals in the following vacancies:
Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, Risk and Compliance Assistant Manager play a key role in sustaining profitable growth and optimization of capital utilization, optimize operational efficiency, ensure stable risk and control environment, improve customer experience across the value chain and sustain colleague engagement and talent retention.
The Risk & Compliance Assistant Manager will ensure the Company maintain its profitability & financial performance, improve operational efficiencies, customer experience and Employee Engagement.
- Formulate and maintain long/med term risk strategy which supports the overall med-long term business development strategy of the organization.
- Implement and maintain an Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework and policy in line with the Sanlam Group approach and standards.
- Implement effective risk management processes and procedures as a second line function to identify, monitor and provide guidance on mitigation strategies across all applicable risk categories.
- Implement effective operational risk management processes and procedures with the aim to identify, measure and monitor operational risk (inclusive of root cause analysis and appropriate reporting).
- Develop, implement and embed incident and loss event monitoring and reporting processes in collaboration with business.
- Develop, implement, monitor and report on the risk profile of the business and risk register
- Develop, implement, monitor and report on the risk appetite of the business
- Ensure timeous and effective risk escalation in line with the risk escalation policies and procedures
- Provide guidance and act as the SME for enterprise risk management.
- Engage and participate in relevant risk management governance forums.
- Provide business-wide, role-specific risk management training to the business.
- Engage and participate in relevant projects, product development initiatives, and other initiatives that require an assessment of and guidance on the risk impact to the business.
- Timely, accurate and sufficiently detailed submission of the annual risk maturity assessment for Sanlam General Tanzania.
- Facilitate and support effective Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery management per the Business Continuity Management Policy.
- Maintaining and building relationships with key stakeholders and other assurance providers to the business to facilitate coverage across the combined assurance model of the business.
- Accurate, appropriately detailed and timely risk reports to the Sanlam General Tanzania Audit and Risk Committee and Sanlam Group Risk and Compliance:
Risk profile – quarterly
Risk Appetite — biannually
Key risk report – quarterly
Accurate, appropriately details and timely completion of the Sanlam Group short-term insurance renewal proposal per Group Risk renewal requirements/process.
Formulate and maintain long/med term risk strategy which supports the overall medium- long term business development strategy of the organization.
Implement a proactive, risk-based Compliance Policy, Principles, and Standards in line with the Sanlam group approach and standards.
Implement effective compliance management processes and procedures as a second line function in accordance with the Compliance Principles and Standards.
Implementation of an effective compliance monitoring program in line with the Compliance Principles and Standards
Constructive engagement with management on monitoring reports:
Accurate, appropriately detailed and timely compliance monitoring reporting.
Provide advice and guidance to the business on legislation (inclusive of subordinate legislation, guidance, and directives), industry standards and compliance policies.
Develop and implement of a compliance training strategy and plan.
Ensure timeous and effective compliance incidents, breaches and risk escalation in line with the risk escalation policies and procedures.
Develop and implement a regulatory change management process and reporting for the business which aims to:
Keep the function and the business abreast of applicable regulatory changes that could affect the business;
Provide timeous notification of new and/or amended compliance requirements on the business to Senior Management, the Board and Sanlam group and Compliance;
Provide a gap analysis, impact assessment and effective mitigation or implementation plans to address the respective
Act as the primary point of contact with the appropriate Regulatory Authority of Tanzania and the business.
To Develop and implement Financial Crime Combatting program (s) that addresses the following:
Anti-money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT);
Anti-bribery and Corruption;
FATCA compliance and reporting;
Gift and Gratuities/Conflicts of Interest Management.
Compliance reporting to the Board and Group Office
Accurate, appropriately detailed and timely compliance reports to the Sanlam General Tanzania Audit and Risk Committee and Sanlam Group Risk and Compliance:-
Compliance report (per the reporting template) – Sanlam group – quarterly
Compliance report – Sanlam General Tanzania Audit and Risk Committee and Sanlam Group Risk and Compliance – quarterly
Compliance regulatory changes – (per the reporting template) – Sanlam Group – quarterly Compliance regulatory changes – summary – Sanlam General Tanzania Audit and Risk Committee and Sanlam Group Risk and Compliance-quarterly
Maintaining and building relationships with key stakeholders and other assurance providers to the business to facilitate coverage across the combined assurance model of the business
Coordination and collation of open audit finding updates and tracking for submission to Internal Audit
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should apply to the Chief Executive Officer, Sanlam General Insurance (Tanzania) Limited, Amani Place, Ohio Street House, P.O. Box 21228, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania not later than Friday, 05 July 2019. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org