Job Title: Head of ICT
Reporting line Chief Operating Officer
Duty Station Dar es salaam
Terms Fixed Term
The Head of ICT is the senior technology executive that is responsible for practical, customer focused solutions that streamline processes through use of technology solutions combined with continual process improvement to enhance both the customer (internal and external) experience and financial results.
This role is responsible for creating and implementing the Bank’s technology vision and plan, ensuring it aligns and drives the Bank’s business strategy and helps supports its key lines of business.
This role directs the planning and implementation of enterprise IT and digital systems in support of business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, and business development.
Duties and responsibilities
Strategy Setting & Implementation.
• Responsible to offer the first line of support for the core Banking system and all other systems for the entire Bank. This includes monitoring and execution of the functions of all ICT business enablers of the Bank and supervising officers in the ICT unit.
• Collaborates with appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support Bank’s organizational needs.
• Shares responsibility for the formulation and implementation of the Bank’s strategic plan by active participation as an Executive team member in strategy planning forums as the digital and IT subject matter expert.
• Develops and executes the digital and technology strategic and operating plan to support and enhance Bank’s strategic ambitions and business requirements, focusing resources so that cost effectiveness and optimum customer service experiences are achieved. Foster innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems
• Establishes and sets short and long-range objectives for the digital strategy for the Bank and gain buy-in of the various stakeholders and establishing criteria for monitoring progress and measuring success.
• Defines and executes a strategy for the core banking systems/platforms/networks that is cost effective, reduces complexity and improves speed to market of new product delivery.
• Communicates Bank’s technology strategy to management, staff, partners, and stakeholders as and when appropriate.
• Oversees the management of customer service and support processes for technology based services.
• Acts as an IT and digital pathfinder, interprets critical business drivers, conducts research, maintains an understanding of current banking/financial services industry trends, consults and participates in peer review in order to develop long-term plans and to provide a framework for decision-making in respect of Information Technology delivery.
• Ensure technology is accessible and equipped with current hardware and software.
• Reports configuration and data base management.
• Advise and/ or negotiate with vendors and service contractors to ensure high level of return consistent with services rendered.
• Preparation of an ICT strategy to support business growth in line with the bank’s Strategic plan
• Create and maintain documentation for supported ICT systems in accordance with ICT policy standards.
• Plan, organize, control & evaluate IT &electronic data operations
• Managing ICT budget
• Ensuring adherence with software licensing laws
• Oversee all technology operations including networks, compute infrastructure, Databases, Banking applications and deploy & operate them according to established goals
• Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by the Board.
• Translate business needs to determine technology requirements
• Oversee IT projects and system changes
• Establish and maintain operational and change procedures
• Database administration:
• Installation, configuration and upgrading of MS SQL server software and related products.
• Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
• Perform database tuning and performance monitoring
• Perform application tuning and performance monitoring.
• Plan growth and changes (capacity planning).
• Provide 7><24 ICT support
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief of Operations.
Financial Strength & Risk Management
Identifies opportunities for the appropriate and cost- effective investment of financial resources in IT systems.
Participates on the IT Steering Committee and Project Steering Committee, ensuring digital and IT risk management and governance is aligned with enterprise needs, risk appetite and, as appropriate, industry best practice.
Ensures all IT and Digital audits meet the standards and expectations set by the Bank’s Audit and Risk Committee and other operating standards.
Directs the development of and execution of an enterprise-wide information security, disaster recovery and business continuity plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Bank’s data and servers.
Contributes to the overall profitability of the Bank by budgeting, measuring and controlling costs associated with areas of responsibility.
Products, Services & Operations
Defines the digital architecture of the Bank while balancing digital assets and computing services with financial and marketing needs. Seamless integration of digital and information technology assets from the customer, through product and service design, through financial statement and management reporting is a primary concern.
Provides enterprise-wide direction on the use of emerging digitization technologies for banking operations.
Directs the transformation of Bank’s application portfolio to reflect a more modern, flexible architecture and platform, allowing the Bank to seamlessly add new capabilities, improve the product development process and significantly grow volumes.
Approves, priorities, and controls projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems. This will be in close liaison with and supported by the Head of Risk and Innovation.
Defines and communicates corporate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems.
Oversees Bank’s vendor management program to ensure all third-party vendors and service providers are providing reliable and flexible solutions and cost controls that are consistent with strategic plans and business objectives.
Promotes and oversees strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including government, vendors, and partner organizations.
• Holder of bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or any related one.
• Certification in core areas of networking, cabling, ERP software, database management, Microsoft back office and office automation products will be an added advantage
• Should possess at least five years of work experience in Banking Operations with at least 3-5 years of work experience in a similar capacity from a reputable financial institution or substantial information technology experience in any other professional commercial environment.
• Proven track record at senior level of leading staff within an IT environment
• Successful track record of implementation with delivery on time and to budget
• Leading change in an IT environment
• Developing, implementing and managing strategies and plans aligned to key business objectives
• Contract management, negotiation and monitoring
• Developing a proactive service
• Effective working within teams and individually
• Develop effective partnership working within the Association and with other stakeholders.
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to utilise and manage complex IT systems.
• Ability to write and present reports to SMT and the Governing Body
• Good negotiating skills
• Ability to make decisions
• Proven track record of managing and motivating staff
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS
Letter of Job application.
Curriculum vitae enclosing details of work experience, skills together with postal and telephone contacts of three non-relative referees, o Certified Copies of academic Certificates and all other submitted certificates.
Attractive package will be given to the successful candidate.
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share
How to Apply
All applications should reach the Bank not later than 19th July 2019.
Applications must be submitted to: Managing Director Mkombozi Commercial Bank P.O.BOX 38448 DAR ES SALAAM or through; firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of ICT at Mkombozi Commercial Bank
Job Title: Head of ICT
Get free job alerts via email