Job Title: Director of Sales and Marketing
Employer: Mwiba Holdings Limited
Location: East Africa
Job Type : Full Time
How to Apply: email@example.com
Deadline: 21st June 2019================
KEY RESULT AREAS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS\
Compile, coordinate and implement the company’s sales and marketing plan with a detailed analysis into all channels of communication including but not limited to; off line, on line, traditional and non-traditional platforms.
Identify and target key domestic and international industry events,to plan and execute successful attendance thereof and to tailor sales and marketing actions to drive brand awareness as well as company performance.
Using hospitality systems including possibly Res Request and Tour plan (among other lodge and safari programs) to extract data for required sales and marketing actions as well as for reporting purposes.
Follow trends within the travel, tourism and safari market through various source channels and advising on how these can assist in driving the company’s broader strategic growth.
Assist the company Directors with the preparation of marketing, advertising and sales plans in relation to the company’s annual budget.
Manages and leads the department and function within the approved plans and budgets.
Develop rates, group sales deployment strategies through the review of competitive data, demand analysis and market mix management.
Prepare, implement and compile data for the strategic sales plan, monthly reports, annual goals, sales and marketing budget, forecasts and other reports as required.
Interacting with guests to receive feedback, thus being a salesperson, researcher and problem solver to add benefit to the team.
Liaise with corporate head office to clearly direct all sales and marketing actions and plans internally and externally, both domestically as well as Internationally.
Compiling of daily, weekly and monthly reports.
Organize and run the company’s required sales and marketing meetings.
Effective leadership of the team to motivate, grow, promote and develop a strong department in the company.
PROFESSIONAL AND INTERPERSONAL DETAILS
Education:A 3-years diploma/bachelor’s degree in tourism or sales and marketing management from an internationally accredited tertiary institution.
An advanced level of computer literacy with special focus on hospitality data use systems, as well as, Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
A valid driver’s license.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 10 years international luxury hospitality brand sales and marketing management Industry experience, where a former senior role was held consecutively in one company for more than 18 months.
- Have an in depth understanding of brand strategy and how to effectively communicate this to market.
- Fully literate and numerate with the ability to perform relative calculations, statistics and be able to interpret basic accounts and financial statements and reports.
- Ability to effectively listen, communicate and perform diplomatically with internal and external stakeholders, guests and staff In all situations.
- Humble, yet driven with a track record of performance.
- Team player who demonstrates the ability to build and develop successful teams.
- Have the ability work through periods of high demand and ready to work on weekends.
- A passion for the industry, have a positive attitude and the ability to think out of the box.
- Must be able to maintain physical stamina to personally lead their area of responsibility.
- Assertiveness, patience and good organizational skills.
- A meticulous degree of pride in their personal presentation.
- A highly self-motivated self-starter.
- A sense of humor.