Job Title: Farm Accountant
This hands-on role based in Kilimanjaro, Tanzania at our Farm Operation, has a critical role to play in ensuring that our Farm Operations run smoothly. This constantly evolving role includes working alongside production, management, finance and human resources. This is a great career opportunity in a commercially and technically driven agricultural business for a person with strong accounting and administrative abilities who can proactively contribute to this exciting, growing business.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Responsibility for administering and managing the Farm Finances
Input of all transactions in ERP
- Support the Breeder Farm Manager to effectively manage the Farm budget.
- Reconciling payments done with relevant documentation to ensure match between stock delivered and payments made.
- All petty cash controls and monthly recons adhered to within time frames
- Petty cash recons submitted to finance on a monthly basis and any gaps resolved
- Ensuring all bills and expenses are paid within the timeframes required particularly government related and utilities.
- Count physical stock
- Check the papers with the movements of the stock and add the information in the electronic files.
- Group the information to another excel file that provide a general view about the movements.
- Ensure this is added to stock control software
- Settings if necessary (add new items to control the stock, change some prices).
- Organization the monthly order per site to optimize the movement and deliveries.
- Organize the order, distribution and marking number of all clothing
- Responsible for all Site preparation: number lockers, name lockers, kitchen items, stickers, uniforms, items to distribute, signature of employment documents, Irvine’s ID badge
- Implementation and control of cleaning outside chicken houses by using standard checklists
- Order and distribution of food for team members
Supported by the Data Clerk and Warehouse clerk this role will ensure that reporting for all rearing, production and warehouse is submitted on time to the breeder farm manager
Reporting will include at least; egg counting; chicken sales reports; weekly variance reports; warehouse stock control reports; food costs
Supervision of Farm Administration teamSupervision of Data Clerk and Warehouse Clerk
Identifies and implements new systems and process to ensure the team operates efficiently and effectively
Acts as coach to the team to help build capability
We expect the person to drive a collaborative approach to problem solving and to effectively resolve any potential conflicts in a professional measured and timely manner.
Drive performance management and training of team members.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years of experience in a finance / accounting and administration role
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Must be able to communicate in English and Swahili verbally and in Writing
- Any Bachelor’s degree
- In country travel required from time to time
- Language Requirements
- Inquiring Mind, Eye for Details, Initiative, Proactive, Strong Communication at all levels of the business, desire to learn, Strong work ethics
Drivers License Preferable
REPORTING TO:This role reports to the Farm Manager
LOCATIONThis role is based in Kiliminajaro, Tanzania
If you are interested in applying for this role, then please apply via LinkedIn, and ensure that you include a copy of your CV. If you do not receive a response within 2 weeks then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
Culture is hugely important for the Irvine’s group and together we commit to the following values and behaviours that we believe will make our business successful.
Trustworthy, Honest, Respectful, Accountable, Team Player
RELATIONSHIPS – We take pride in nurturing our relationships with employees, shareholders, customers, suppliers and members of the community.
QUALITY – We pay attention to quality in everything that we do or produce, and we align ourselves with the best in the industry.
INNOVATION – We always test new ways, learn from others, share with others and continue to improve.
LEADERSHIP – We identify potential in our people and continually develop leaders.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS – We share knowledge and develop skills to grow each member of our team as well as our customers and suppliers.
DOING THE RIGHT THING – We strive to do the right thing 100% of the time.
SAY IT IN THE ROOM – We express our opinion and listen to those of others and always “SAY IT IN THE ROOM”.
SENSE OF URGENCY – We deal with a task or problem immediately and complete it in a timely manner.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here