Job Title: Finance Coordinator
Employer: American Society for Microbiology
Location: Dar es salaam
Job Type : Full Time
How to Apply: International@asmusa.org
Deadline: 11th June 2019
=====================The American Society for Microbiology (ASM) Seeks Finance Coordinator for Support of Laboratory Strengthening in Tanzania.
ASM is leading a One Health Focused partnership to strengthen Tanzania’s national Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) surveillance strategy. ASM is seeking a qualified Finance Coordinator to work as a consultant for ASM in Tanzania to provide administrative and financial support to ASM AMR surveillance capacity building activities in Tanzania under the guidance of the ASM Program Specialist (PS), who manages the program and is based at ASM headquarters in Washington D.C.
- Provides in-country assistance to the PS; ensures compliance with ASM policies and procedures.
- Assists ASM with payments solicited on behalf of ASM for all associated costs of mentoring, workshop, or meeting events.
- Distributes and tracks per diems, transport fares, and lodging costs of mentors, workshop, or meeting participants.
- Coordinates with Local Program Coordinator to ensure that program activities are within budget and all receipts are submitted on a timely basis.
- Ensures accurate and timely documentation of distribution of the monies as needed in line with ASM regulations as requested by PS.
- Ensures all financial documents are filed and maintained for auditing purposes.
- Works with ASM HQ to ensure all project-related expenses are properly submitted to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting.
- Develops monthly financial reports for ASM.
- Attends local, regional and international meetings, as required.
- Supports local Program Coordinator with tracking all financial receipts related to ASM activities.
- Prepares training binders/materials, including local procurement and printing of materials outlined by facilitators and ASM.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field with relevant work experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an administrative/office management role, preferably in an international NGO.
- Proactive with a commitment to quality and accuracy with close attention to detail.
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills in an environment requiring diplomacy and good judgment in managing interactions with individuals at all levels inside and outside an organization.
- Able to prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure with frequent deadlines.
- Reliable and enjoys working in a multi-cultural, cross-functional team with flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Able to work without close supervision.
- Strong computer literacy, with excellent typing, MS Word, and MS Excel skills.
- Knowledgeable about and familiar with one or more of the following functional areas: procurement, travel, communications, accounting, meetings/conference management, and international aid/development programs.
- Able to travel on occasion.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili is required.
Consulting rate to be negotiated. Work-related travel costs to be reimbursed. Position not eligible for benefits.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter and a detailed CV by email (with “Finance Coordinator Tanzania” as subject) to International@asmusa.org. Please explain your interest in the position, what you can bring to the job, and names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three references who are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience.