Job Title: Finance and Administration Director
Employer: Young Africans S.C.
Location: Dar es salaam
Job Type : Full Time
How to Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15th June 2019
Young Africans Sports Club is a fully-fledged Sports Institution and dully registered with National Sports Council registration. The Headquarters of the Club is located at a junction of Jangwani/Twiga Streets in llala District, Dar es Salaam.
As a registered sports club. Young Africans SC is entitled to institute and administer various sports teams and or groups in different sports and games disciplines. Currently the club administers the men and women football teams and it is a registered member of the Tanzania Football Federation (TFF).
The Club would like to express its intention to fill some management and administrative positions so to align with the TFF regulations and to support the Club administrative structure. Therefore, the Club would like to invite suitable applicants to fill the following posts:
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION DIRECTOR
The Finance and Administration Director will be responsible for the management and control of the financial affairs and administrative matters of the Club. Shall report to the General Secretary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing, introducing and managing financial control procedures to ensure that all fiscal issues are properly managed accounted for; and all income is recorded appropriately.
- Analyzing and making recommendations on all contracts that have financial implications for the Club.
- Coordinating meetings of the finance committee, recording the minutes and implementing decisions of the finance committee when approved by the executive committee.
- Analyzing income and expenditure as compared to the budget on a quarterly basis and making reports to the finance committee. Liaising with and assisting the external auditors of the Club.
- He/she shall prepare response to the external audit queries and ensure implementation of their recommendations.
- Ensuring that the statutes of the Club pertaining to financial matters are fully complied with.
- Liaising with the marketing department on the sponsorship and commercial activities of the Club.
- Introducing modern accounting systems and practices within the club with the approval of Executive Committee.
- Meeting the regulatory and reporting requirements under the appropriate legislation.
- To implement sound financial policies.
- To provide information to other departments for budgetary purposes.
- To prepare short and long term plans and budgets and advice on the investments programmes for necessary approval(s).
- He/She will be required to submit periodic reports to the Genera Secretary on revenue and expenditure together with the necessar, financial statements, i.e. profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flow etc. as shall be required by the General Secretary. He/She will make sure that the reports and statements submitted give a true position of the Club’s financial affairs for the period under review on the date stated herein.
- Formulating and implementing policies relating to persons administration, public relations, staff development and gene’ administrative support services.
- To identify staff needs.
- To establish recruitment plans and oversee their implementation.
- To monitor manpower performance.
- To institute disciplinary procedures for Club staff.
- Shall serve as Club financial and investment adviser.
- Any other task as shall be assigned by the General Secretary.
- At least seven years of working experience with at least five yea’ the field of Finance and Administration.
- At least a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Finance Accounting or Business Administration and must be registered . NBAA.
- Self-starter, independent, motivated and a team player with outgoing personality.
- Excellent public relations and communication skills.
- Strong interest in sports, especially football
- Good language skills in both Kiswahili and English. Knowlecg other International languages will be an added
- Good organization and leadership skills with high integrity.
- A football background, i.e. a former player, referee, coach administrator but not necessarily at international level will be added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION
If you are interested and you believe that you meet the required abilities and competencies for the roles advertised above, please send your application attaching the followings to the contacts below:
Your current Cv, Birth Certificate, academic and professional credentials indicating your managerial achievements.
Your letter of motivation, briefly explaining your interest in the position.
A copy of your passport, OR National Identification (NIDA) OR Voters ID.
A letter from your Ward Executive Officer (indicating your area of residence)
Please note that the deadline for receiving applications will be 15th June, 2019
Please send your application to E-mail: email@example.com or To
The General Secretary.
Young Africans Sports Club,
Dar es Salaam.
Young Africans Sports Club is an equal opportunity employer and devoted to creating a conducive working environment for every staff.