Job Title: Supply Chain officer
Jobs at: Danish Refugee Council
Deadline of this Job:
24th May 2019
Within Tanzania , Tanzania , East Africa
BackgroundThe Danish Refugee Council has been operating in Tanzania from October 2015 since the establishment of Nduta refugee camp. DRC is now working in Nduta and Mtendeli refugee camps, with a current combined population of approximately 170,000. DRC is working in the sectors of Camp Management and Community Based Protection (CCCM), Protection and Shelter/Construction, WASH and Livelihoods in addition to General Food Distribution.
Key Responsibilities:• Responsible of all stock management activities in Nduta stores (receiving, issuing, updating recording all stock movements in the Bin and stock Cards, inventory, producing a weekly stock report,)
• To perform the day-to-day stock management activities.
• To closely work with the procurement department to get all the incoming goods and organize the proper storage space, casuals and paper work before the goods arrives.
• To oversee all the loading and offloading of the trucks.Source: AjiraLeo Tanzania
• To ensure that all good issued have proper documentations such as; stock release order, picking list, packing slip waybills.
• To update the Bin and stock Cards, warehouse register book
• To ensure that the stock report is produced and send to your line manager on weekly and monthly basis.
• To maintain the store in good order, clean and tidy.
• To ensure that the stocks are accounted for and report to your line manager any discrepancy or gap.
• To comply with DRC stock management procedures. Chapter 18.Source: AjiraLeo Tanzania
• To keep in good order a correct filling of documents. (PRV, Picking List, Packing List, Release order, Waybills, delivery notes, copies of invoices and Purchase Orders, etc.)
• To provide a weekly and monthly stock movement reports to your line manager
• To perform the monthly stock inventory with your line manager
• Ensure that you are working to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to DRC in order to ensure the objectives of your role is met
• To perform any other task requested by your line manager
Person Specification• High school graduate or above
• Excellent skills in logistics and specifically in stock management
• Computer literacy particularly with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Access
• Skills in warehousing
• A responsible attitude and ability to manage the resources
• Proven high level of problem solving skills
• Excellent management skills including a capacity to prioritize the work
Desirable• Background in logistics procedures (Warehouse)
• Good writing report skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Previous experience of NGO work
Job Education Requirements: High school
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter in English through www.drc.ngo by end of day 24th May, 2019. No hardcopy application will be accepted For further information about Danish Refugee Council, please go to HERE TO APPLY