Job Title: QHSE Officer
1. Overall PurposeTo oversee all HSE activities and programs
To promote continual improvement, humility and safety across the Group.
2. Accountability & Responsibility Areas.
- To oversee all HSE activities and programs
- To promote continual improvement, humility and safety across the Group.
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health,
- Manage HSE Programs, Policies and Procedures and maintain relevant logs and documentation.
- Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations i.e OSHA.
- Perform HSE Inspections and prepare applicable HSE reports as necessary.
- Provide assistance and advice on HSE issues to make recommendations to the company.
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis.
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant HSE training.
- Observe HSE regulations, wears all required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel.
- Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance.
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as customers and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to evaluate PPE and ensure proper use and maintenance of PPE.
- Ability to oversee Hazardous Waste Storage area and ensure regulatory agency compliance i.e. labeling, containment, proper disposal, documentation, etc.
- Assist in emergency response and provide first aid treatment.
- To help develop Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Ability to spearhead Safety Incentive Programs.
- Perform other work related tasks as required as assigned
3. Knowledge , Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in related field. An MBA qualification will be a plus.
- Experience in working in a structured system.
- Extensive knowledge of quality improvement systems.
- International exposure.
- Commercially astute.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivation, leadership and innovation.
- Excellent written report writing skills.