Job Title: Research Assistants – Casual PositionsDivision:Division:
Location: Dar esSalaam,Dodoma,Mor
ra,Geita,Simiyu,Tanga and Kilimanjaro
Responsible to: MeTA Tanzania Project Lead
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake facility-based electronic data collection using ODK technology.
- Ensure implementation of the study at the study site is according to the study
- Maintaining and uploading data collected on daily basis.
- Ensure safe and confidential custody of study documents and facilitate retrieval
- whenever required.
- Provide regular reports to the study coordinator.
- Ensure the study is carried out ethically and according to applicable laws and
- To report immediately any challenges encountered as they conduct the interviews
- Perform other activities as needed and indicated by the Research Coordinator or other
- study investigator
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS Must be a holder of a Bachelor Degree in any of the following disciplines; Pharmacy,
Nursing, Clinical Medicine, Public Health; and/or any other Social sciences.
Worked as a research assistant in health research projects previously.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES Some knowledge, understanding and experience working on Sexual and
Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR).
Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and spoken) skills.
Experience with electronic data collection desirable
Ability to take initiative and work well independently and as part of a team.
Can maintain confidentiality in all aspects.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:Applications should include:
Letter of application with details of how you meet the desirable criteria
Curriculum vitae including names and addresses of three referees (two must be from
your most recent employers)
DO NOT include any certificates
Applicant should select at least 3 regions of your preference.
Applications which do NOT include ALL of these elements will NOT be considered.
The application should be sending through email via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be informed by phone call
Closing date for applications:
Applications received later than 15th May 2019 will not be considered.