Job Title: COMMERCIAL MANAGERSongea Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (SOUWASA) is an Autonomous Government Agency operating under the Ministry of Water. It was established on 1 st July, 1997 under Act No.8 of 1997 and later strengthen by Act No. 12 of 2009. SOUWASA is charged with the overall responsibility of operations, maintenance and management of Water Supply and Sanitation services within Songea Municipality.
Applications are invited from suitable, qualified, dynamic, experienced and performance driven Tanzanians Male and Female to fill in an excellent career opportunity of:
REPORTING TO: Managing Director
TERMS OF SERVICE: Permanent and Pensionable
WORK STATION: Songea Municipality
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Head of the department responsible for Managing, processingand storageof customer records, zone supervision, billing and customer relations matters of the Authority.
- Advises the Managing Director on all issues concerning business of the Authority.
- Checks and directs subordinates on customer data collection, entry, computations and analysis to ensure they are effectively and efficiently done.
- Develops and implements strategies for meeting customer demand for water and improving customer service.
- Supervises subordinates to ensure that a customer survey is carried out continuously to understand the current credit status, needs of customers.all customers are registered and that water supplied to consumers is billed according to the agreed procedures.
- To conduct water balance analysis in order to control Non-Revenue Water (NRW) demand.
- Establishing policies that will ensure satisfaction for water and sewerage customers.
- Monitors the revenue collections from customers and advice appropriate policies and plans to ensure timely payments.
- Oversees the preparation and dispatching of periodic customer monthly invoices to ensure that all customers are supplied with correct invoices at appropriately specified intervals.
- Develop strategies to ensure an increase of new customers.
- Prepares and recommends tariff setting formulas and required prices depending on the established costs.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
Must be Tanzanian citizen
Must not be above 40 years from May 2019
Holder of a Master’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent from arecognized institution with relevant work experience of Seven years in a reputable organization.
Must possess computer skills and application in billing, commercial software and management skill.
Good command in English and Kiswahili (Written and Verbal).
Working experience in Water Supply and Sanitation is of an added advantage.
Experience in marketing and customer serviceis of an added advantage.
Attractive salary within SOUWASA scale General Condition
All applications should be in written form and have to be enclosed with the following documents:
A well detailed Curriculum Vitae which incorporate all contacts telephone/mobile numbers, postal address, e-mail and physical address.
Certified copies of relevant certificatesof Form IV, VI, University degree, Academic Transcript, Birth Certificateand two recent passport size photographs.
Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary and Advanced level education should be verified by NECTA and those from foreign Universities must be verified by TCU.
Full names and detailed address of three referees (Address should include Mobile Phone, email address and postal address).
Mode of Applications
All applications should be sent to the SOUWASA Registry Office by hand, registered postal office or EMS and be addressed to the undersigned:
The Managing Director,
Songea Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P 0. Box 363,
THE DEADLINE OF RECEIVING APPLICATIONS IS ON 24th MAY, 2019.