Project Title: USAID/Tanzania CCC-KVP
Position: Capacity Building Advisor (CBA)
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
UNIVERSITY RESEARCH CO., LLCURC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, especially among underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
Division & Project Overview
URC is seeking an experienced Capacity Building Advisor (CBA) to lead organizational development and capacity strengthening of local partners as they transition to directly receive and manage USG funds for the anticipated USAID/Tanzania Comprehensive Community Cascade for Epidemic Control Among Key and Vulnerable Population (CCC-KVP). The overall goal of this project is to “support an integrated community platform of services for KVP to reduce new HIV infections and sustainably improve the quality of life for PLHIV.” The CCC-KVP project will focus on increasing demand for and use of HIV and gender-based violence prevention and family planning services for KVP and PLHIV, working with and through community-based stakeholders, sub-national Government of Tanzania authorities, health facilities, KVP, and PLHIV to reduce new HIV infections, improve the quality of life for PLHIV, and improve other reproductive health outcomes. Additionally, the CCC-KVP will further strengthen capacity of local partners as they transition to receive and independently manage funds from the USG. The CCC-KVP project will implement activities in Iringa, Njombe, Kilimanjaro, Tabora, Morogoro, Mbeya, Dar es Salaam, Dodoma, Singida, Mtwara, Shinyanga, Manyara, Arusha, and Lindi.
Roles and Responsibilities:The Capacity Building Advisor will work closely with the Chief of Party, M&EL and Finance and Administration Directors to provide overall capacity strengthening of local implementing partners in both organizational development and technical implementation as needed. This includes providing overall project management support, ensuring the adoption of best practices and tools for enhanced performance and compliance with USAID requirements. The CBA will also provide TA to ready local partners to pass the USAID’s Non-US Organization Pre-award Survey (NUPAS) as a precursor to receiving and managing USG funds directly. Specific responsibilities include:
• In coordination with the COP, Directors of M&E and Finance and Administration, conduct baseline assessments of local partners’ capacity needs in meeting NUPAS requirements and develop tailored capacity building plans based on the assessment and agreed actions
• Provide technical assistance and/or source short-term specialists to mentor/coach local partners in identified areas of need such as: financial management, internal controls and risk management, human resources, strategic planning, leadership and governance, and procurement
• Monitor implementation of the capacity building plan and ensure local partners achieve the desired benchmarks for capacity strengthening and graduate as direct USAID grantees during the life of the project
• Strengthen the capacity of local partners to enable them to apply for USAID and other USG grants
• Provide technical assistance in technical implementation and scale up of PEPFAR-funded programming focused on: KVPs; gender-based violence prevention; PLHIV; reproductive health and family planning; income generation; community- and facility-level HIV prevention, care, and treatment services; advocacy and policy development; and performance monitoring in line with PEPFAR requirements
• Ensure availability of a range of capacity building support that includes technical assistance, training, mentoring/coaching, and other resources (tools, templates, etc.)
• Conduct after action reviews and document lessons learned
Required Qualifications:• Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, or an Advanced degree in a management-related field
• At least seven (7) years of demonstrated experience in managing or implementing capacity strengthening programs or activities within a developing country setting to increase the capacity of individuals and institutions
• Demonstrated knowledge of approaches to institutional capacity building within the field of international health and development, including both in-person and virtual approaches as well as novel and innovative approaches
• Demonstrated expertise in the potential areas of technical assistance such as: financial management, internal controls and risk management, human resources, strategic planning, leadership and governance, and procurement
• Demonstrated experience in identifying opportunities for improvement and making constructive suggestions for change during the project lifecycle
• Experienced with PEPFAR and/or HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, gender-based violence programming
• Experience working in Tanzania or East Africa strongly preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with host governments, international donors, and local partners
• Superior analytical skills, decision making, and ability to produce results in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment
• Strong communication skills, including writing, public speaking, and facilitation
• English fluency is required
Please note: this position is contingent upon securing award.
To Apply:For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
Capacity Building Advisor (CBA) at University Research Co, LLC (URC) May, 2019
Project Title: USAID/Tanzania CCC-KVP
Get free job alerts via email