Job Title: FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER
MUCOBA BANK PLC formerly known as Mufindi Community Bank was incorporated in December 1998 and licenced by BOT in May 1999 and opened its doors to the public in June 1999.The bank,with its head office in Mafinga, offers banking services to the communities of Iringa region. Banking services are also provided through services centres in neighbouring districts of Iringa and Kilolo. MUCOBA Bank is now inviting applications from suitably qualified and self- motivated Tanzanians with high personal integrity to apply for the following positions.
Reports to General Manager
Is a head of Finance and Human Resource department
Work station: – Mafinga Iringa
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure that there are effective and efficient controls of all financial operations of the Bank
- To prepare the Bank plans and financial budget timely.
- To ensure that all Monthly and Quarterly financial reports are prepared and submitted to the Board or Board committees for deliberations
- To ensure that all regular returns are prepared by for submission to Bank of Tanzania and other authorities including TRA, NSSF and External Auditors are correct and are in place
- To control all daily receipts and expenses of the Bank and prepare reconciliation of all bank accounts on daily and monthly basis.
- To ensure that there is sound liquidity position of the Bank in collaboration with other heads of departments
- To ensure that financial accounts of the Bank are prepared timely according to relevant IFRS, BOT Guidelines and submitted to the Board and external Auditors.
- To implement timely BOT examination report and the external and internal auditor’s recommendations which are finance related in order to improve operations of the Finance department and the Bank in general.
- To ensure that expenses are incurred strictly within the approved budgets basing on availability of funds.
- To recommend to the General Manager appropriate issues patterning to Human resource and the finance Policies for approval by the Board of Directors.
- To participate in Management meetings, Board Committees and Board meetings as may be required from time to time by the Bank.
- To ensure that qualified staff are employed by the Bank.
- To carry out periodic staff performance review of his/her subordinates.
- To recommend corrective measures to be employed in cases of employment related problems and conditions of employment so as to minimize any likely procedural deficiencies
- To ensure there is effective compliance of labour laws and Bank Human Resource Policies in order to minimize labour disputes.
- To make a follow-up on labour disputes and cases taken to TUICO, Labour Department, Industrial Court and other courts
- To ensure that employees exercise work discipline and portray good image of the Bank to the customers and the public
- To prepare procurement plan, supervise and monitor all procurements of the bank.
- To ensure proper staffing for all departments and maintenance of discipline at the work place
- To ensure proper training to staff through in-house and external resources
- Perform any other duties as may be directed or assigned by the General Manager
- KEY QUALIFICATIONS
- The Finance Manager is a senior position in the bank and is appointed by the Board of Directors. The minimum entry qualifications of a finance manager are as follows:
- A candidate must have degree in Accounting, Business Administration and Finance or equivalent.
- Holder of CPA (T) qualifications or equivalent and registered with the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) as Authorized Accountant or relevant equivalent qualifications.
- Post qualification experience of at least 5 years as senior positions preferably in Auditing or accounting in a financial institution in Tanzania.
- Knowledge and competence in computerized accounting system preferably those used by banks.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili both written and spoken.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented.
- Creative and able to take initiative.
- Must demonstrate honesty, integrity and transparency.
- Must be a team player.
- Capable to demonstrate leadership skills.
- Position: GENERAL MANAGER
- Work station: Mafinga – Iringa
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible to the Board of Directors for the efficient and effective Operations of the Bank.
- To provide leadership toward the achievement of its, mission, vision strategies and its annual objectives.
- To develop strategic goals, objectives, operational plans and budget of bank and ensure their effective implementation.
- To make sure that daily operations of the Bank are run in accordance with the Statutory regulations .Banking and Financing Institutions Act, 2006 the Bank of Tanzania Act and other prudential and directives issued by the Bank of Tanzania from time to time
- To be chief spokesman of the Bank and signatory of all financial transactions and contracts of the bank with other external parties.
- To plan, supervise and monitor all bank operations to ensure that they are in order and effective.
- To liaise and collaborate with BOT examiner, internal and external auditors and ensure full implementation and compliance of auditors or BOT observations.
- To ensure that MUCOBA Bank Pic builds up and maintains at all times adequate capital through appropriate and effective strategies
- To ensures assets of MUCOBA Bank Pic are growing and are of high quality.
- To ensure that there is effective risk management meetings process and procedure.
- To facilitate all Board meetings including Board Committees and implement all their directives timely.
- To have effective internal control of financial and non-financial resources to meet Bank objectives.
- To approve and authorize all expenditure of the Bank as per approved budget
- To ensure that the plans and budget of the bank are timely prepared and have an action plans.motivation and necessary resources required for the establishment and maintenance of excellent service delivery and quality system
- To ensure that all staff meetings are held and deliberations are recorded and implemented timely.
- To make sure that Board Directors sign Board members code of conduct and are submitted to BOT timely at the beginning of their tenure.
- To ensure that staff performances appraisal are done effectively annually.
- To be updated with new technology.
- To do any other duties as may be assigned by the Board Directors.
Must have at least Master degree in any of the commercial disciplines preferably Commerce, Accounting, Economics, Business administration, Banking and Finance or their equivalent.
Must have a five years working experience in senior managerial positions and at least Minimum of 3 years working experience in the banking sector.
Computer literacy, especially in Ms. Word and Excel for windows and experienced in use of banking software
Fluent in English and Kiswahili both written and spoken.
Reliability, high degree of integrity.
Effective human resources management
Hard worker and team player
Must demonstrate honesty, integrity and transparency.
TERMS OF CONDITION
Contract terms of three years but renewable basing on performances.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All Applications with CV, copies of relevant certificates and contacts of at least three referees should be sent to undersigned by 03/06/2019
THE BOARD CHAIRMAN,
MUCOBA BANK PLC,
P.O. BOX 147,
Or you can sent your application through the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
N.B: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.