Our client, CRDB Bank Plc is an African bank and a leading financial services provider in Tanzania with presence in Tanzania and Burundi. The bank was established in 1996 and was listed on the Dar es Salaam Stock exchange (DSE) in June 2009. Over the years, the bank has grown to become the most innovative and preferred financial services partner in the region. Supported by a robust portfolio and uniquely tailored products, CRDB Bank remains one of the most responsive banks in the region.
In line with the current strategy, CRDB Bank is looking to recruit five dynamic and visionary Tanzanians to work with the bank to transform, grow and ensure sustainability. CRDB Bank Pic is inviting interested and qualified individuals to apply. The applicants must be of outstanding integrity with a good record of enforcing accountability.
Head of Risk (Ref No. CRDB/HR/03 -19)
Reporting to the Director of Risk and Compliance, the Head of Risk is responsible for planning, implementing and coordinating all risk management activities, ensuring that quality risk management structures and processes for types all risks are in place and aligned with the bank’s strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributing to the development of the departmental strategy on potential improvements for risk management and compliance;
- Ensuring that the bank has adequate and effective processes for identification, measurement, mitigation and control of all types of risks including but not limited to credit, liquidity, interest rate, foreign exchange rate, operational and reputational;
- Identifying current and emerging risks, developing risk assessment and measurement systems and developing risk tolerance limits for all types of risks affecting the operations of the bank;
- Ensuring that proactive processes, effective communication and training programmes are in place for business/risk owners to actively manage and control all significant risks inherent to their business areas;
- Conducting analysis of risk exposure inherent in existing and new products, systems and/or processes and provide guidance on how to minimize exposure; and
- Developing, implementing and monitoring the business unit’s annual plan, budget and key performance indicators aimed at achieving the department’s strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Banking, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Actuarial Science or a related area and relevant qualification from a recognized university;
- Master’s degree in Finance Banking, Economics, Laws, Finance, Mathematics, Actuarial Science or related field from a recognized University and/or postgraduate qualification in banking will be added advantage;
- Risk and/or Compliance Certification (Preferably ERM);
- A minimum of eight years relevant working experience, of which five should be at managerial level;
- Working knowledge of the Bank of Tanzania’s risk management guidelines and regulatory requirements;
- Sound understanding of international frameworks related to risk and compliance functions such as Basel requirements, ICAAP, etc.;
- Demonstrated experience of enterprise risk management and business continuity planning in relation to all types of risks affecting the banking sector; and
- Strong problem solving skills, excellent communication skills coupled with the ability to effectively work with varied internal and external stakeholders.
Key competencies for all positions
- Excellent analytical and budgeting skills;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop teams;
- Demonstrated ability to manage change in a reputable medium to large size organisation;
- Effective communication skills coupled with the ability to effectively network with stakeholders;
- High level ability to manage performance and accountability;
- Demonstrate working knowledge of banking operations and thorough in-depth knowledge of risks affecting banking operations;
- Possess analytical and creative mind-set to seek, encourage and find non-traditional approaches;
- Demonstrate high degree of honesty and integrity; and
- Computer literate.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV, photocopies of academic certificate, and names of three referees with their contacts, quoting reference number on both the application letter and envelope. For electronic applications, please quote the job reference number on the subject of your email. Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than 01 April 2019.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
3rd Floor, Aris House
Haile Selassie Road
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.