Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL) is in the process of revamping its operations and has introduced new equipment to its fleet as part of implementation of its five years Corporate Strategic Plan (2017/2018-2020-2021). In line with this expansion, the Company is also making some reforms in its structure, internal operations and staffing to accommodate the needs of its rapid expansion. Therefore, applications are invited from qualified Tanzanians to fill the following positions.
POSITION: PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLIES OFFICER GRADE I (2 POSTS)
The following are qualifications for aspired canclidates:-
Bachelor Degree in Procurement and Supplies Management, Materials Management, Logistics Management or equivalent qualifications from recognized insdtudons
Must have a Procurement and Supplies Professional (CPSP)) Certificate or its equivalent and have a valid Practicing License issued by PSPTB
Must have at least diree (3) years working experience of two vears in a similar field in a competitive business environment
Candidates with relevant airline experience will be given preference.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure contracts are implemented as per their terms and conditions.
- To develop appropriate systems, procedures and guidelines for die procurement function.
- To advise on best procurement strategies in collaboration with user department.
- To evaluate vendor performance and advice accordinglv.
- To maintain an up-to-date filing system on pricing and vendors to ensure immediate and accurate access to information.
- To prepare bid documents and Tender advertisements.
- To coordinate preparation of technical specifications, statement of requirements and terms of reference.
- To post Annual Procurement Plan information to die Public Procurement Regulatorv Authority Database.
- To perform any odier duties as assigned from time to time by Supervisor.
Attractive remuneration and Fringe Benefits as per ATCL Scales and Incentive Scheme.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Five (5) years contract (renewable) upon successful performance
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants must submit a duly signed letter for consideration of the applications attached with the following:
i) A detailed curriculum vitae (CV);
ii) Certified copies of all certificates (including Secondary School), other relevant certificates and licenses. (Tanzanian applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities i.e Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) or National Examination Council- NECTA))
iii) Two recent passport size photographs;
iv) Names and addresses of at least two reputable referees;
v) Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone numbers.
vi) The applicant must indicate willingness to work upcountry when need be.
Misrepresentation of facts and qualifications during application shall warrant legal consequences.
Application letters should reach the undersigned within 14 days from the first date of this announcement deadline will be 21/03/2019:-
MANAGING DIRECTOR & CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
AIR TANZANIA COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O. BOX 543,
DAR ES SALAAM.