The United Republic of Tanzania is implementing the Productive Social Safety Net Program (PSSN) in the Third Phase of the Tanzania Social Action Fund (TASAF III). The Program is jointly financed by the World Bank, the Department for International Development (DFID), the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and other development partners. It is a 10-year Program, implemented in two phases of five years, each. The Government is implementing this nationwide safety net Program with a view to reducing poverty and improving the lives of the poor. The objective of TASAF III is “to enable poor households to increase incomes and opportunities while improving consumption”. TASAF III targets people living under the basic needs poverty line (currently 33.6% of the population).
The Program consists of the following parts: Part 1 on Consolidation of Integrated Social Safety Net Interventions for extremely poor and Food Insecure Households and Part 2: on Institutional Strengthening. The development objective is to create a comprehensive, efficient well targeted Productive Social Safety Net Systems for the poor and vulnerable Section of the Tanzania population.
TASAF is now looking for competent and committed candidates who meet the minimum qualification stated below to fill the under-mentioned vacant positions.
Job Title: (One Post)
To assist the Director of Finance to manage the finance I and accounting functions of the Project as specified in the | Financing Agreement and Operational Manual.
Principles Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake accounting duties within the prescribed policies and procedures of TASAF. in particular maintaining the financial and accounts records.
- Produce Interim Financial Reports and / or end of the year Financial Statements for Government of Tanzania, World Bank, other Development Partners, External Auditor and TMU.
- Prepare a comprehensive annual work program for the Accounts Department;
- Supervise capturing of the Project approved annual budget in the Financial Management and Accounting System (FMAS) in line with the Chart of Accounts; j e) Supervise capturing of all the approved expenditure/ transfers/subprojects requests from the Project Area Authority in the Financial Management and Accounting System prior to effecting payments; i f) Create new approved accounts code in the FMAS; j g) Scrutinize and analyze expenditure reports from the PAAs to ensure that only eligible expenditures are financed from TASAF funds in accordance with the Financing Agreement;
- Prepare and compile department annual implementation plan and budgets.
- Prepare schedules of outstanding balances and follow up overdue advances, transfers and staff imprest for further action.
- Maintain and regularly update of Fixed Assets Register and inventory sheets.
- Participate in the development or upgrading of Financial and Management and Accounting System.
- Ensure smooth operation of the FMAS;
- Ensure accurate and timely consolidation of data from the PAAs and TASAF Management Unit for generation/ preparation of Financial Management Reports and Statement of Expenditure in collaboration with the Disbursement Manager for application/replenishment of funds from the World Bank through the Ministry of Finance.
- Ensure appropriate back-up for data on daily basis and its safe storage.
- Ensure that bank statements for Project banks accounts are collected and monthly bank reconciliation statements are prepared and approved. Prepare budget variance analysis and submit to respective Vote holders monthly.
- Vouch Payments Vouchers (PVs) files on regular basis to make sure that the PVs are filed serially with relevant supporting documents and are appropriately approved.
- Provide input to management responses to internal and external audit queries.
- Prepare the approved TMU responses to External Auditors observations and recommendations for submission to the Government of Tanzania. World Bank. National Audit Office and other Development Partners within the prescribed period..
- Assess and compile capacity building requirements of accounts staff at all levels.
- Conduct performance appraisals of accounts staff using agreed upon performance indicators.
- Be a member of the TASAF management team.
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Holder of Masters Degree in Finance. Accounting and Finance Business Administration or any other related field from recognized university.
- Must possess internationally recognized accounting professional qualification such as CPA (T), ACCA, CIMA. CISA or other related profession.
- Must be registered with the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) in the category of Associate Certified Public Accountant (ACPA) or Fellow Certified Public Accountant (FCPA).
- At least ten (10) years experience in relevant field in Public and / or Private Sectors of which five (5) years must be at managerial position.
- Must have a working knowledge of computerized Accounting and Audit systems.
- Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of and experience with donor funded project.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at all levels..
- Ability to supervise, train and coach staff in relevant skills.
- Self motivated with integrity and high level of confidentiality.
- Evidence of comprehensive annual work program;
- Accurate coding and capturing of accounts transaction in the system;
- Timely preparation of Interim Financial Reports and / or Financial Statements for TASAF Management Unit, the Government of Tanzania. World Bank. National Audit Office and other Development Partners;
- Timely Accountability of Transfers. Advances and Staff Imprests.
- Timely implementation of Internal and External Auditors recommendations
Duty Station: TASAF Head Office – Dodoma
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates who meet these minimum qualifications and experience should submit an application letter. The application letter should be accompanied with detailed CV. certified certificates, names and contact information of three professional referees with their postal addresses, telephone numbers and email (if available) no later than 29th March. 2019 16:00hrs and addressed to;
Tanzania Social Action Fund (TASAF)
PSPF Building – Third floor
Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete Road
P. O. Box 2719
Please indicate on the envelope the post applied for.
PLEASE NOTE ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
TASAF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND VALUES DIVERSITY IN PEOPLE AND IDEAS.