BACKGROUND OF TADBTanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012.
The bank has the following key objectives:
- To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
- To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
- To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA);
- To build on existing agro-financing activities through the provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’ groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
- To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
- To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in rural areas.
EXISTING VACANCIESThe TADB is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies:
ZONAL MANAGER – 1 Vacancy, Mbeya
Nature and Scope:
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Business Development. He/She will have overall responsibility for the development and management of corporate relationships in the zone. He/she will also be responsible for the day to day administrative services of the Zonal Office.
- Identify companies/institutions of good credit standing likely to have a requirement for the corporate banking services of TADB;
- Identify business opportunities and develop good customer relationships including cross selling of all TADB products, to achieve set targets;
- Prepare credit proposals for long term. Medium term and short term facilities within agreed quality and timescales;
- Collect, evaluate and document all required customer information and process credit approvals;
- Maintain client relationships including visiting existing customers monthly, and not less than once every quarter;
- Prepare report on each customer visit, highlighting all major business/environmental issues pertaining to the credit/customer, and including recommendations as appropriate;
- Assist clients applying for any of the bank’s facilities and services;
- Advise clients on financial and economic issues that could affect their businesses and/or the bank facilities;
- Process transactions, and liaise with relevant departments for documentation and conclusion of deals;
- Prepare and implement budgets and plans, including setting and achieving ambitious and measurable targets;
- Review work performance of staff in the Zonal Office including their development, deployment, appraisaL training and welfare in line with the bank’s objectives;
- Control expenditure within approved limits;
- Ensure necessary/relevant bank records are kept and updated as required;
- Carry out any other duties assigned by Supervisor or Managing Director from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- University Degree in Business Management/Administration, Agribusiness, Finance, Economics, Banking or related discipline.
- At least 5 years working experience of which 2 must be in a senior/managerial position in related field.
- Ability to analyze financial and economic data and interpret them;
- Strong written and communication skills with ability to write reports in a concise and focused style.
- Possession of leadership and people management skills, and a team player with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and able to manage and prioritize work load with minimum supervision.
- Computer literate with highly developed computer application skills.
- Knowledge of the banking industry and its related laws, regulations, policies and procedures will be an added advantage.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and excellent working environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
- Qualified candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address shown below, enclosing:
- Application letter showing how they meet the requirements of the position;
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
- Contacts stating name in full, physical address, telephone numbers and e- mail addresses of the candidate;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates
- Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank,
4th Floor Acacia Estates Building, Plot 84 Kinondoni Road,
P.O. Box 63372,
14109 DAR ES SALAAM.
For further information, please visit the Bank’s website: