The Amani Centre for Street Children is a nationally registered NGO with its Headquarters in Moshi- Kilimanjaro and branch Offices in Arusha and Singida Regions. Amani is committed to reducing the number of children living on the Street in Tanzania by providing a safe place for homeless children to heal, grow and learn and when possible reuniting them with their families and /or relatives.
Amani is seeking to recruit an experienced Accountant who will work for Kizazi Kipya Program which works with Children living and working on the Street in Arusha city. This is a new Program implemented by Amani as part of a nation-wide PACT-USAID and Tanzanian Government initiative. The selected candidate in this position will work under the direct supervision of the Kizazi kipya Project Coordinator.
Job Title: Project Accountant: 1 PostResponsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- To offer technical support to the Project Coordinator in coordinating and supervising all the financial functions of the project.
- To prepare and submit financial reports and submit them in a Prompt and professional manner
- Receive and verify expenditures and ensure proper documentation before submission of any financial report.
- To provide professional support to the Amani Management and Kizazi Kipya Project Coordinator to develop, manage project budget and ensure quality financial control systems in the Project activities.
- To ensure compliance with Procurement guidelines as per Kizazi kipya requirements.
- Degree holder in Accountancy, Financial Management or Business administration from a recognized institution
- Work experience in donor funded projects at least for 3 years
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel and email software
- Experience in using accounting packages
- Willingness and ability to safeguard youth and children’s rights is compulsory.
- The selected candidate in this position will be based mostly in Moshi and partially in Arusha
Also Read:To apply, please send your application letter, Resume (CV), copies of relevant certificates, three contacts (Phone numbers and email address for your professional referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org or send your application to:
Human Resource and Admin Coordinator,before 7th December 2018.
Amani Centre for Street-Children,
P.O. Box 6515, Moshi- Kilimanjaro
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information contact: email@example.com