Job Title: Director of Engineering Services – 1 PostEmployer: Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA)
Date Published: 2018-11-26
Application Deadline: 2018-12-09
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In-charge of the Engineering Services Directorate;
- To enforces TPA engineering policies and procedures;
- To coordinate the planning of implementation, review of user requirements, user requirement preparation schedules, follow up with the Directorate of Procurement and Contracts on items under procurement, supervising projects and reporting progress with recommendations on required actions ;and actual execution of projects;
- To be a custodian and be responsible for physical assets maintenance, condition monitoring and replacement, including initiating disposal processes;
- To oversee the development and preparation of technical standards and procedures for construction, maintenance and inspection of infrastructures;
- To plan and budget for resources required for the infrastructure development and maintenance;
- To participate in the preparation and implementation of fundamental TPA strategic plans;
- To undertake preventive and corrective maintenance to equipment, crafts, plants, solar systems, permanent way, building fittings and other port facilities;
- To formulate and prepare user requirements and documents necessary for procurement of projects, plants, equipment and manufacturing of machine parts and cargo gears;
- To maintain power plant and sub-station and provide power to the port during outage;
- To manage TPA assets and property and provide advice on proper utilization of land and buildings for commercial and economic use;
- To oversee environment management matters and maintain cleanliness and sanitation of the port compound and environment;
- To supervise contractors and consultancy services for development projects and acquisition of capital assets;
- To review and implement annual, quarterly, monthly, weekly and ad hoc plans, both physical and financial including cash flows for construction and maintenance of the port infrastructure, equipment and landed property;
- To control and safeguard all resources under the Office of Engineering Services Directorate, including employees, office equipment and finances; and
- To perform any other official duties as may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:Holder of Master’s Degree either in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Electro-Mechanical Engineering from any recognized institution with working experience of at least Seven (7) years in relevant field, of which Four (4) years must be in managerial positions in an organization with annual actual capital projects expenditure of not less than TZS 250 billion and registered as Professional Engineer by ERB. Must also be computer literate and Fluent in English and Swahili languages.
REMUNERATION: Salary Scale TPSS 2,.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY