Duration of the task
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Project Management:
- Supervise project implementation to ensure timely delivery of project activities.
- Establish and maintain a steady and active collaboration with all national level authorities (REA, EWURA, NEMC, MEM) and the main actors operating in the energy sector.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities according to ACRA, donor and other applicable timeframes and formats.
- Prepare Terms of References and tender documents for service providers and suppliers.
- Oversee all tender processes and ensure timely procurement of required project inputs and materials according to the procurement plan.
- Establish an M&E system, supervise data collection on program indicators and revise them according to the achievement of the Project objectives.
- Establish together with the staff and partners detailed Annual Action Plans, periodically updated
- Participate in project evaluations and assist in the analysis of the results, assess project impact and effective use of resources.
- Recruit and manage project staff, ensuring security condition, clarity over project plans and priorities and encouraging effective teamwork.
- Supervise regular maintenance of Project equipment and cars.
- Manage the project budget for the assigned project and ensure all expenses are according to budget and meet ACRA standards with regard to financial management, including accountability and good governance.
- Comply with ACRA policies and practice with respect to the code of conduct, safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Strong experience in project management, possibly in renewable energies, with at least 7 years’ experience
- Experience in managing projects funded by the EC
- Proved experience in managing tender procedures and dealing with bidder and contracts, proven knowledge of EU PRAG
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to develop and work within a team
- Experience in working with administrative and technical local Authorities, supporting capacity building activities and coordination mechanisms
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
- Good knowledge and experience in participatory approaches
- Experience in grant writing
- Strong leadership skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, and diplomacy
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in rural working circumstances.
- Mastering of MS Office package, Internet, e-mail
- International Driving License
- Knowledge of natural resource management
- Knowledge of accounting software, GIS systems, statistical packages
- Knowledge of Italian and Kiswahili
- Experience or knowledge of working in East African Countries