NAFASI ZA KAZI/AJIRA EACOP
Job vacancy: Communication Officer
Reports to: Department of Corporate Affairs
The East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) project team seeks to fill the vacancy of communication officer to manage all project communication and activities.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with frequent visits to the project areas both in Uganda and Tanzania.
• Contributes to the planning and implementation of the EACOP project communication strategy
• Coordinates the content generation and production of project publications and other relevant communication materials.
• Oversees the day to day engagements and manages relationship and activities with all project stakeholders and agencies/suppliers.
• Contribute to the planning, developing and implementation of publicity strategies and campaigns to achieve significant increases of the EACOP project awareness among the various stakeholders.
• Contribute to the developing and designing of key messages to effectively impact the project targeted stakeholders (interpretation, illustrations, choice of medium, leaflets and videos etc).
• Media relationship management.
• Manages the planning and organizes interviews, press conference, corporate events, and other media-oriented events to build and maintain a positive identity for the project and its activities.
• Monitors mainstream and social media coverage of sector issues and events.
• Participates in designing, writing and/or producing presentations, press releases, articles, leaflets, 'in-house' journals, reports, publicity brochures, information for websites and promotional videos.
• Establish and maintain a strong effective network and working relationships with media representatives, local and municipal government officials, B2B, national business and trade contacts.
• Analyze and measure results of PR and communications initiatives by the project goodwill activities.
• Manages the budget, monitoring, and evaluation of the project communications activities.
• To coordinate and guarantee the smooth running of all activities for all EACOP project communications activities.
• University degree in journalism, communications or similar discipline, additional qualifications (marketing, International relations, etc) an added advantage.
• 5 years experience in similar work environments
• Fluent in oral and written English and Swahili, with the ability to translate documents in both languages.
• Demonstrated success in public relations, marketing, and/or events management in a fast-paced, flexible, team-oriented environment.
• Well developed computer skills, including proven ability to maintain/update websites, and a demonstrated understanding and management of the internet, social media, multi-media tools and desktop publishing.
• Acute ability to observe study and report on social, economic and political trends that might promote or boost or affect the progress of the project.
• Proven experience in dealing with and writing for the media including an interest in current news coverage.
• An acute sense of judgment, tact, and diplomacy required to manage the relationship with the various stakeholders
• Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to handle aggressive deadlines
• An understanding of the workings of the oil and gas sector, government and civil society an added advantage.
Applicants, who fully meet the company requirements and are considered for further assessment, will be contacted. Applicants should submit concise curriculum vitae and any additional documents consider necessary. East African Crude Oil Pipeline is an opportunity employer. The East African Crude Oil Pipeline does not ask for payments or bank accounts of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process. Consequently, declines all responsibility of the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever. Deadline: March 30, 2018. APPLY: email@example.com
Source: Daily News March 22, 2018